Used 2003 Ford Focus ZTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Car
By Bean

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful car, no problems, very fun to drive

Favorite Features

heated seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

none

What an oustanding vehicle
By ajpuckett

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 months and 6000 miles I am very happy with this car. The best thing about it by far is its exceptional handling. It is so much fun to drive that I often drive it unnecessarily. The acceleration is nothing to write home about but about as good as all the other cars in this class. The sound system rocks even without the six-speaker/subwoofer/6-disc changer upgrade. I can only imagine how great the other system sounds. It gets great fuel economy, I average about 33 mpg on the highway and 25 in the city. I test drove almost 10 different cars in this class before choosing a Focus, and only Mazda Protege came close to being this much fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Looks and feels luxurious with leather-wrapped steering wheel, 16-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, and rear spoiler. Exceptional handling makes it a joy to drive. Great sound system and fuel economy. I recommend it to anyone, especially young drivers/first-time buyers.

Suggested Improvements

Iím disappointed that some of my favorite standard features on the '03 ZTS are now an option package on the '04, although they did give it the better 2.3 L engine. Glad I bought it in '03. Fix the MP3 player so that it starts the song where you left off when you restart the car.

My 2002 Focus ZTS
By Devls1

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely a great vehicle for what I do for a living (Real Estate Appraiser). I travel to several different counties, and the Focus is perfect for what I needed. A comfortable ride (and I'm 6 ft 2, 235 lbs.), and handles extremely well. Maintenance costs are minimal, and I am very pleased with that. I'm happy where I got it from, and I would definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, 6-CD changer built into the dash, remote door/trunk opener. Though simple, seats are comfortable and so is the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm...good question, put a 6-cylinder engine in it...that would make it interesting.

Extreme Fun!
By Stryford

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My ZTS is amazingly fun to drive! I've owned several cars over the years, but the Focus is the best handling car I've ever owned. It handles as well, or better, than many European cars. For a small car, the interior is very roomy and comfortable. The seat height adjustment with the tilt and telescoping steering wheel really makes finding the right seating position easy. I would definitely recommend a Focus if you want a small, dependable, great handling car. I have test driven a Dodge Neon, a Honda Civic, and a Mazda Protege, and only the Mazda comes close to the complete small car package of the Ford Focus. As if you couldn't tell, I love my car!

Favorite Features

Handling, of course! Large interior space and large trunk. Decent gas mileage. Peppy acceleration. Good stock stereo sound. Excellent reliability. Lots of standard features.

Suggested Improvements

I'm a bit of a speed demon, so the Focus could always use some more power. I wish Ford would make a SVT version of the sedan! The only other suggestion is to make the back seat a true split folding rear seat, because the seat bottom doesn't split like the backrest.

mine
By JDJ

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is the second focus i have had...my previous was a 02 ford focus (just a few minor problems with the 02 that i had over 2 years) this has been a great car so far no complaints

Favorite Features

leather seats heated seats just love these on a cold day

Suggested Improvements

power driver's seat the crank can be annoying