2003 Ford Focus Sedan 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

ZTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Quite Impressive
By jason_vat on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased an 03 ZTS w/auto transmission about 2 months ago and I'm very impressed with the car. Very comfortable and the MP3/CD stereo is GREAT! Everything seems to be laid out in a manner that is useful and comfortable for the driver. Best car in the price range for sure, it handles better than most cars that cost 10k more. We did have to have some warranty work on a small spot on the bumper where the clearcoat seemed to be missing, but the dealer fixed it quickly and professionally.

Aftermarket
By pwallace01 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I used to drive a mustang and let me tell you. This car handles and responds to driver input much better. Anyone can take this car and drive it fast through a corner. The only downfall i see from the factory is that it only has 130HP. The aftermarket, however, is plentiful. You will like this car.

I like it
By JD11 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been great for the first 700 miles and I only had the car a week. It seems like I'm always at the gas station. I haven't figured out the gas milage yet so I don't know if it's because I'm getting bad gas milage or because it's the small gas tank. The car handles really well. With all of the incentives I got it dropped the price considerably. I have also enjoyed the 6-disc changer even though I really didn't think I needed it.

ZTS not too bad!
By Kurt S on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving an SUV for the last 5 years, I had forgotten just how much fun a small car can be to drive. The suspension is softer than i expected, but the 4 wheel disc brakes (part of the 'advance-trac' package, are superb, and the Zetec motor, while a little short on horsepower is fun to rev out and has a really wide powerband. the gas mileage has been astoundingly good, despite driving it quickly up in the winding mountain roads west of Denver.

KLW REVIEW
By KLW on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT VEHICALE FOR THE PRICE.

Ford Focus ZTS review
By keith kramer on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Great driving position. Peppy enough, but a few more h.p. would be welcome. Feels like a bigger car. Excellent handling. Can't comment on reliability because I only have 5000 miles on the car. Wish there would be an entry to the trunk from inside because I often have my hitch based bike rack on the back. Good sound system. A really great car for under $18,000.

My review
By gordon24 on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car, and I love it!!

Centennial edition
By kunal on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the car June 16th for my wife. What sold me was driving dynamics simply unreal. Our Focus has advancetrac which most cars in this price range don't even offer! Plus a 2k cash back from Ford sweetened the deal even more.

perfect car
By joephatmamma on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is so much fun to drive, i am 16 and of course i love to race, i have raced some bad ass cars out there and one. the ford focus is completely underestimated

Love My ZTS!
By ragtopgeek on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a '01 ZTS for one year, and liked it so much I traded up for an '03 ZTS w/automatic, totally loaded. The driving dynamics are incredible. In an attempt to become more minimal, I just sold my '96 Porsche 911 and '01 Mercedes SLK this past year, so have some experience with nice cars. Of course the ZTS is not a 911 or SLK, but I don't feel like I stepped down from Cindy Crawford to Hillary Clinton. Still have long-term reliability concerns. Would like to think I got a good deal: Every-option ZTS, including Centential Package, with an extended 2 year b-to-b for an out-the-door price of $16,600.