2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 2003 SE Zetec

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2003 SE Zetec
By Tim on

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my problems; first the cold idle is still very rough till it warms up. Dealer couldn't fix. Also the rear camber adjusters were factory defective which made the car handle terrible in the winter and ate the rear tires up at 20,000 miles; dealer installed new adjusters and tires under warranty. I told the dealer to take the terrible low-profile Firestones and chunk them as we live in a snowy climate. Engine has plenty of power. Transmission has a harsh 1-2 rolling shift if you don't stop completely. Brakes are excellent as far as stopping power, steering is nimble, ride is acceptable, gas mileage is way below what it suppose to get. All this said I do like the car but my review at 60,000 miles may tell the story.

Favorite Features

Large trunk, excellent headlights. Lots if headroom with no bonking your head getting in. Nice sound package. Braking ability.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the excessive brake dust problem. Door handles/latches are very flimsy. Fix harsh 1-2 transmission shift while rolling; dealer says it's normal.