2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 2003 Focus SVT European Packag

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2003 Focus SVT European Package (red)
By Garry Mohr on

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I would like to get a new GT Mustang but do not have the heart to sell my Focus SVT to get one (what does that have to say). It's fun to drive, fast for a 170hp and almost 2800lbs, handles like a sports car (which when you drive it, you think it is). The only problem I've had with it: the clutch assembly had to be replaced due to a rattle sound it made, especially at idle (I've heard this has been a problem with some because of the complex clutch/flywheel assembly/design). The 17" wheels are somewhat easy to damage if you hit a bad chuck hole (I've bent one). When I part with it I know I'll miss.

The exterior style is very European looking (spoiler, lowered, mono colored, multi spoked wheels). The headlights that come with the Euro package are fantastic. The interior is distinctive with heated Recaro seats and asymmetrical dash style. Full gauge package, even a oil temperature gauge.

Simpler clutch assembly/design. The car was only made in the 2002-2004 time frame, which I think was a shame since I believe it was a car not very well sold or appreciated.