2003 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus 03 dohc
By Ed Dickinson on 09/23/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Drove car off show room, never had a problem, except normal maintenaince. The car needs more power, a min.of 190hp to 210hp. The lack of power is a big draw back wth the Ford Focus.

Terrific Car
By Joe Cardosi on 11/21/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My ZTW-wagon is the perfect urban vehicle. Easily hauls four adults and four sets of golf clubs. It handles like a sports car, is quiet with no rattles or squeaks, good pick-up for a 4-banger, 30-mph on trips, and is well-equipped. I have 6-CD stereo, 4-wheel disks with ABS, stability control, moon roof, 16-in aluminum wheels, low profile tires, vanity cover for the storage compartment, rear window wiper-washer, leather wrapped steering wheel, and plenty of storage pockets, bins, cup holders. It has over 60,000 miles without a single problem. The Volvo S-40 underpinnings help make it a wonderful car to drive.

used car = wow
By century33 on 09/26/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned our Focus ZTW wagon for almost 2 years. Purchased used with 13,644 miles on it, we got this fully loaded car for a great price and couldn't be happier with it. In this time we have driven 42,356 miles and the only repairs were new brakes and tires just within the past few weeks. This wagon is truly fun to drive on long trips. 795 miles = about $70.00 gas when gas was almost $3 per gallon, and the cargo room is great. This car replaced a 1994 Escort wagon LX that is STILL running. We loved that car as well, but needed something newer. In a nutshell... if you are in the market for a new small wagon, consider looking at a used Focus, it's a great value.

Too Many Repairs
By Toni E on 08/09/06 07:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Here I have a 2003 Ford Focus wagon with 52K miles. Decided to go on road trip; had to be towed twice. Started smoking, Ford dealer said it was battery. Then it died again; this time alternator replaced. Made it home and was told the a/c compressor is going. Real nice at this low mileage. In repair shop at least 7 times since I bought it. All about the brakes and rotors. No one could fix them right, still squeaked loudly. Final answer from mechanic that all Ford Focus's do this. Give me a break. I went to brake specialist and they fixed it. Doors sound like tin. Can't open left side passenger door. Just a piece of junk. The money I've spent on this car I could have had a wonderful vacation.

Practical Performer
By Alleve23 on 02/04/06 15:47 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in an SUV for this car in the North East. Performs well in the wet/snow conditions. The ZTW has provided me with more than adequate storage space and power. It is nimble and quick with the ZETEC. Rear shocks needed to be replaced at 2000 miles; they have been fixed and have given me no problems since. I have driven the vehicle 26,000 problem free miles per year and it has been holding up very well.

Awesome 1st Ford
By RaiderRick on 09/29/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My fully loaded ZTW has been a dream. Ran like a top up in North Dakota over a brutal winter -- great on ice and snow with the Pirelli P600s (which wore out after about 15k -- put Falkens on, much nicer tire and are better in the wet and handle just as good). Knock on wood, car is a dream.

Don't Buy This Car
By jend99 on 09/07/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Worst experience with a car and a dealership in my entire life! I urge anyone and everyone to stay away from the Ford Focus. For the last NINE months I have had continuous brake problems with no resolution other than Ford uses cheap parts. That they do! The salesperson never told me I would have to pay to replace the brakes every 12,000 miles (as they now tell me!) or I would not have purchased the vehicle.

Soccer Mom Car
By Sterling Hick on 07/16/05 08:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In a word - practical. It's carried everything from my kayaks to furniture. I've had only very minor problems (air bag sensor) and it is phenomenal on gas. Only down side is that it's a bit on the boring side. I had an Escort ZX2 before this, and that was a lot more fun to drive.

Ford Focus 2003
By zane lommock on 06/20/05 01:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have performed only standard maintenance on this auto since purchase. I placed tires on car at 33,000 miles. Car gets excellent mileage on highway and city driving. Only complaint is lack of power from 110 hp engine, adequate but only just.

Terrible Brakes
By T. Egan on 05/27/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from dealership with 17,000 miles (a previous rental) and had to bring back to dealership several times. Back brakes continuously squealing. After 4th time, still noisy as ever. Finally told, well that's just how the brakes are on the Focus. The doors are very hard to open. I've had this car more in the shop than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Very hard to squeeze your hand down on side of seats to get to levers and I have very small hands.