Used 2003 Ford Focus ZTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

It's OK
By Jason

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car two years ago new. So far I have been pleased with the car but it has had several issues and the dealership was a nightmare to deal with. Right after the warranty ran out I had a $1300.00 air conditioning problem that the dealership ripped me on. There has also been some other repair issues that I feel reflect poor craftsmanship; however I do like the car and I guess for an economy sedan it will do.

MP3 CD Player.

Better cusomter service, service departments.

Very surprised
By moog

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen a lot of these around and figured they were lackluster. I was wrong. From the first few miles of my test drive I knew I was hooked. While it is not an exceptionally dynamic sport sedan, the '03 ZTS is a fine compromise between daily driving, luxury, and performance. With leather, 2.3l Duratech, and 27 mpg, I am fully satisfied for my $10k. It drives a lot like Jettas' little sister, not quite as powerful but still sassy! I am sure this vehicle will last longer than I care to keep it.

Leather, tilt, A/C, 6 CD changer, mileage, steering.

Stiffer suspension.

worth the money
By b-l-z-a-bob

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One great car for the money. Especially with the 2.3 engine. Ride and handling for a car this size is excellent. Performance for this engine, even with an automatic is great too. Brakes are sufficient, and seem well balanced. All controls in the car are well placed too. Driving position is very comfortable, and I'm over 6 foot. Car does well at accomodating four adults, and can handle the extra passengers (power-wise) very well.

Engine! The 2.3 engine makes driving this car a blast! I also like the adjustable seat bottom on the drivers seat.

Only compaint I have is that they should make the blower motor/ventilation a little quieter.

Best in class
By 2.3 focus R

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

improvements not required in the focus line up. performance is great with the 2.3 engine; better than almost any other car in its class, even better than the V-6 in my wife's malibu! It's relatively quiet, even w/ low profile tires. handling is great, as is comfort on longer trips. driver seat adjustability is great. If you like to drive, and you're on a budget, this is your car!

Engine! without a doubt, the 2.3L DOHC engine is a must have. runs far stronger than any four cyl. I've ever driven, and some V-6's too!

Only complaint I have is the wiper blades. the originals streaked soon after delivery, and the replacements on warranty weren't much better.

Fab Focus
By chekmarc

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value for the money. Solid construction, well equipped as standard and very comfortable for a small car. I purchased several options because I spend a lot of time in my car (heated seats/mirrors, spoiler, leather, 6-disc in-dash CD, low- profile tires, power moon roof). It was worth it. I also like the european styling. The ZTS/ZTW has plenty of power with the 2.0 litre. Next model year available with 2.3 litre, even better.

Heated seats (absolutely love it!), an option not often available in compact cars. Kudos Ford. Power moon roof. Split fold-down rear seats, great versatility and lots of trunk space, even with them upright.

Wish they still had the old-style tilt steering wheel, don't like the tilt columns of todays cars.