2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car
By Bean on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful car, no problems, very fun to drive

What an oustanding vehicle
By ajpuckett on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 months and 6000 miles I am very happy with this car. The best thing about it by far is its exceptional handling. It is so much fun to drive that I often drive it unnecessarily. The acceleration is nothing to write home about but about as good as all the other cars in this class. The sound system rocks even without the six-speaker/subwoofer/6-disc changer upgrade. I can only imagine how great the other system sounds. It gets great fuel economy, I average about 33 mpg on the highway and 25 in the city. I test drove almost 10 different cars in this class before choosing a Focus, and only Mazda Protege came close to being this much fun to drive.

My 2002 Focus ZTS
By Devls1 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely a great vehicle for what I do for a living (Real Estate Appraiser). I travel to several different counties, and the Focus is perfect for what I needed. A comfortable ride (and I'm 6 ft 2, 235 lbs.), and handles extremely well. Maintenance costs are minimal, and I am very pleased with that. I'm happy where I got it from, and I would definitely buy another one.

Extreme Fun!
By Stryford on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My ZTS is amazingly fun to drive! I've owned several cars over the years, but the Focus is the best handling car I've ever owned. It handles as well, or better, than many European cars. For a small car, the interior is very roomy and comfortable. The seat height adjustment with the tilt and telescoping steering wheel really makes finding the right seating position easy. I would definitely recommend a Focus if you want a small, dependable, great handling car. I have test driven a Dodge Neon, a Honda Civic, and a Mazda Protege, and only the Mazda comes close to the complete small car package of the Ford Focus. As if you couldn't tell, I love my car!

mine
By JDJ on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is the second focus i have had...my previous was a 02 ford focus (just a few minor problems with the 02 that i had over 2 years) this has been a great car so far no complaints

Enjoy My ZTS w/2.3 PZEV
By Red Doggy on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Really surprised by the performance and smoothness of the 2003 ZTS with the 2.3 PZEV engine and 5 speed manual transmission. I've owned it for 2 months and had no problems. It handles like a sporty car. Hope the reliability is better than the earlier 2000-2001 models, which received a lot of recalls.

2003 ZTS
By Prashant on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun ride and affordable too Great handling compared to sticker price. Love the tilt and telescoping steering wheel.

5 - spd. ZTS 2.3L PZEV w/145 HP
By Tire Sniffer on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only owned the ZTS for 2 weeks. So, far it has exceeded my expectations. The 2.3L PZEV engine has more torque than the Focus SVT engine. I test drove a Suzuki Aerio and Dodge Neon for comparison. Both are noisy and unrefined compared to the Focus. I hope that Ford has all the past reliability issues solved. With the $3K rebate, it is a good deal for less than $16K out the door.

outstanding value!
By davgrlck on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great pickup. I have the 2.3 litre pzev engine with 145 horse power and near zero emissions to polute the air. Huge interior. More room than some midsize cars i tested for thousands less. Biggest trunk space in class and fold completely flat rear seats. Possibly the wisest money spent for any car class.

2.3L PZEV, 148HP, manual
By Llyra on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. The pick-up and top speed far exceeded my expectations. It's well designed as far as looks and function also. Gas mileage is great. It also happens to be our family car since it is so spacious. I would recommend this model to anyone looking for a little more speed combined with comfort and practicality.