2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
SVT Power
By gvran7171 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Lot's of bang for the buck. real xenon lights, not those fake aftermarket lights. Need to keep revs up to enjoy engine. Unreal handeling. kept up with bmw 330 series no problem. very stable at high speeds (110 plus).

Love my little Focus!
By tsarina007 on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car on a whim, and fell in love. It handles like a dream, has great pick-up, and a nice quiet ride. It has a great sound system, and bunch of little, thoughtful features (like a glow-in-the-dark trunk release inside the trunk). Plus, it's really really cute!

Not bad so far
By BadAndy on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Good: Spacious Front/Trunk. Premium Sound with mp3/cd player. Thoughtful moveable driver hand rest/item bin. Power everything AND Cruise control. 6 speed int. wiper. 24/27 mpg w AC, 30/33 mpg w/o AC. Low/Mid highway road noise. The Bad: Gear change hangs/jerks from zero to low-very annoying, thoughtful hand rest not so thoughtful for bigger people (gets in way of seatbelt buckle when down). Trunk lid doesnÂ’t pop all the way up, gets very uncomfortable after long period of driving. The Ugly: The gear change ratio makes an otherwise very peppy, sprightly car feel grossly underpowered.

SVT Plays No Games
By Guy McFadden on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I work in a body shop and there we had an SVT Ford Focus ZX3 and it in the shop for repairs. Looking at the car on the lift, I was amazed at the transformation of the suspension of the vehicle MAN! I was impressed. To expand my curiosity I opened the hood and as soon as I saw the prim and propper set up of the engine and the sound I said im diffinitly going to buy this car and I did.

Focus review
By domain11 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Steering is very hard to contol at low speed with full acceleration. Mechanincal windows hard to crank. Car is fun to drive, has plenty of power, get reasonable milage(28.5)

So much car for relatively few dollars
By 2003ZX5SVT on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I bought this car I knew it would be fun, but I didn't realize what a great package Ford put together. It's practical, feature laden, sporty, fun, roomy, cheap all things that usually not found in a single car. It could use more power, but that's always true. The creature comforts are first rate - HID lights on a sub 20K car - wow. It handles like it's on rails, once moving is relatively fast.

ford focus--COLLECTIBLE
By mickeysmarauder on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

like the ergonometrics--very comforta ble riding unit-rides around corners as if on rails-spirited response(for the horses available)-no problems so far

Ford Focus Fun
By Eibhlin on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my ZX5! However, I'm not getting the mileage I thought I would be getting. I also have a problem with the windshield wiper design. There always seems to be a stream of wated running down the windshield to the right of my line of vision. It gets annoying.

Fantastic small car for the money
By BHenze on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say, fast, fun to drive and good looking small car. This is the the only small car I would drive.

Money well spent
By nativejayhawk on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car with a lot of pep. I owen a 2004 Mustang and I enjoy driving the focus just as much. Great stereo system. The focus has a smooth ride. With few exterior upgrades like I have done it really an eye-catching vehicle.