Used 2003 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2003 Focus ZX3
By pmh

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really do like the Focus, but too many problems, and I though 2003 vehicles had been fixed. I have had my car back 5 times having new rotors at 9000 miles, alignment problems, vibrations through through the steering wheel, water leaking in from the windsheild, radio, door latches sticking, exterior trim falling off. Its just not worth it...stay away from this vehicle. Ford does not accept any responsibility for the product!!!

Favorite Features

I love the styling of the car, both inside and out, it does come with alot of features for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Quality really needs major improvement. There is no excuse for a new car to have these problems. The noise levels inside from the engine also need work.

Fast & Fun!
By Jack198

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is fast & fun, a great deal. Great freeway driving, takes the turns well.

Favorite Features

excellent handling

Suggested Improvements

better paint job

CD Silver Focus
By jeromeswink

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this vehicle and the support Ford gives when purchasing from them. My Mom drives it more than I do because she enjoys the Focus that much more than her car. I've never owned a new car and it was a very big deal for me. I looked at the Mazda Protege 5, Toyota Matrix and the Ford Focus. Style, options and fitting my 6'4" frame into the car was big consideration. I LOVE MY FORD FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

-Moon roof-auto open/close -6 disc CD changer built in dash -drop down driver seat for taller people -cool alloy wide wheels -nifty compartments for storage, drinks, cell phone, change, etc

Suggested Improvements

more power

Great car
By DanteGreen

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car on the 27th of June, and I have had the car for a lil under 3 weeks now and I have to say I love my car thus far, its everything I expected it to be and more. I purchased it for $14,000 flat with license, title and fee's. I felt as if I got a great deal and thats including the destination charge, weather package, and the 6-disc changer with audiophile package, not to mention I did get the best ZX5 available in the Premium, so I did well in my mind. The car is faster then I expected also. Over all, the car is great and with the new powertrain warranty, things are looking well!

Favorite Features

I love the 6 disc in dash changer. I didnt know it played CD-R's. The moonroof is great, the cup holders are cool. The seats are comfortable, the hatch trunk is spacious also. The one lil side pocket is great also. Spare change compartment above the AV outlet is great also

Suggested Improvements

Not to be over zealous, but an extra cup holder in the back would be great like the focus SVT has. I just bought the car, so I only have a thousand miles on it, and I havent hit the MPG yet, but no worries because I know it will come along eventually.

Great Car!
By Chris Rupp

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just has been a great car overall. Have never had to take it in for any un-scheduled maintence. Very funny to drive. Even after 41,000 miles in that little time I have never had any problems at all with it.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual transmition is very fun, with a red line of 7000 you can really get up and going.

Suggested Improvements

A better black "molding" design on the outside.