Used 2003 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Money well spent
By nativejayhawk

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car with a lot of pep. I owen a 2004 Mustang and I enjoy driving the focus just as much. Great stereo system. The focus has a smooth ride. With few exterior upgrades like I have done it really an eye-catching vehicle.

Favorite Features

The stereo... Also great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

A quiter cabin from outside air when you're driving highway speeds.

Fab Focus
By chekmarc

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value for the money. Solid construction, well equipped as standard and very comfortable for a small car. I purchased several options because I spend a lot of time in my car (heated seats/mirrors, spoiler, leather, 6-disc in-dash CD, low- profile tires, power moon roof). It was worth it. I also like the european styling. The ZTS/ZTW has plenty of power with the 2.0 litre. Next model year available with 2.3 litre, even better.

Favorite Features

Heated seats (absolutely love it!), an option not often available in compact cars. Kudos Ford. Power moon roof. Split fold-down rear seats, great versatility and lots of trunk space, even with them upright.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they still had the old-style tilt steering wheel, don't like the tilt columns of todays cars.

Great Car
By ranran31

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A Great car to drive and very well designed

Favorite Features

There is a huge amount of room in the passenger area for a small car

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders could be moved and better seats

2003 SE with Zetec & auto
By Koolaid Kid

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nicely equipped for a reasonable price. Peppy Zetec engine, lots of features too (e.g. cruise, power everything, cd changer in the dash). Handles well for an economy sedan, have to keep remembering to drive safely. Smooth ride, fairly quiet on the road. Comfortable seats, but hard to reach the wheel when the seat is all the way back (6-1, 230 lbs). I was hesitant due to reliability and build quality reputation, hope I am not disappointed like some Focus owners.

Favorite Features

Price, features, interior & trunk room. 6 disc changer.

Suggested Improvements

Auto trans slips too much on 1-2 shift. Center console gets in the way of seat belt and hand brake. Gas mileage is disappointing, avg. 24 mpg. Cartoonish exterior. Trunk does not pop up when unlocked, so you can't tell it's open. Frequency response of tuner is very poor.

Love my Ford Focus
By Patricia Lejsek

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was not looking for a Focus when I went to get a car. Due to the dealer not having the car I really wanted on the lot, I chose to get a 2003 Ford Focus, brand new, right off the show room floor. I love my Focus, and will be driving it for a long while before I get another car.

Favorite Features

It is very good on gas milage. I love the room and the roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I wish my car had of come with a spoiler, as I have saw some with them since I perchased my Focus, they look very sharp with spoilers on them. I will most likely order a spoiler for my car some times in the near future.