Used 2003 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love the Car
By sugawoman

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I honestly love the car. It rides great and is so much fun!

Favorite Features

I love the sound system in the car and the steering wheel is adorable!

Suggested Improvements

I think it could probably use a little more power instead of just the Z-tech engine

Good ride for the $$$
By VS

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2.3L 5SPD ZX5 for about 3 months now. Overall it's a VERY well equiped car for the money with Ford's rebates ($3K.) One of the very few 5 doors hatchbacks on the market it offers a lot of cargo space with the back seats (which fold virtually flat) down. One major gripe is the driver's seat. Don't know who designed it but the shape is HORRIBLE. I'm average hight and build and cannot make it comfortable... tried all possible adjustments.

Favorite Features

* Telescoping steering column. * MP3 stereo. * Heated seats and mirrors. * Nice handling for an "economy" car. * Thick, contoured, leather stering wheel. * Good rear seat room for the car of it's size. * 2.3L engine provides reasonably good acceleration. * PRICE!!!

Suggested Improvements

* Redesign driver's seat * 5 Speed -- rubbery linkage and very long throws. * The cargo space with back seats up is a bit small. * Turn signal clicking sound is VERY annoing. * Add express UP feature to the drivers window

Great Little Vehicle
By Mr. Clean

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus about a month now and like it better every day. Handling is great - surprisingly comfortable and more room than might be expected from this sharp looking small vehicle. The mileage hasen't gotten up yet but I know it will. Planning on a fairly long trip with this car shortly and really looking forward to it.

Favorite Features

Killer sound system with the 6 disc changer and rear woofer - did I mention the great way it handles

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard readouts hard to see in the daytime. Needs more contrast. Another power outlet in the rear, and, oh yes, another cup holder in the rear also

Love my car
By chuckangerstein

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had one problem with my Ford Focus ZX3, the check engine light stays on, I've had it fixed multiple times and it just comes right back on. Other than that it's been great. I've driven it all over California. It handled the curves and turns on narrow Highway 1 like a $30,000 sports car and it can haul so much stuff it's amazing. It's the perfect blend of utility and fun for me.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats & hatchback, sound system, handling, ability to comfortably seat 4-5 adults and yet still park in any parking space.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little uncomfortable for shorter people.

Fun and More Fun
By ZX5 Lover

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have the 2.3 liter engine and it is the best car I love it. the engine pick up is fantastic my last car had the worse pick and the ZX5 just goes!

Favorite Features

The horsepower is absolutely my favorite thing. I love the sporty style too.

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING