2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Good Starter Car!
By Focus4eva on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car purchase and it has been AWESOME! Very comfortable and roomy for a person of my size (6'1" 200lbs). Base motor has GREAT PICK UP! It may weed out a little at higher RPMs but can cruise at 85MPH! Handles mountains with ease. Made 3 major road trips and have not had any problems. Gets FANTASTIC gas mileage. Over 20k miles in less than a year and still running strong!

feels like a $30,000 car
By frogman on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great driving dynamics, i recently had to drive from philly to ny in a snowstorm passing over a dozen accidents while the car's advancetrac stability control system never let me skid for more than 12 inches. the cockpit is very well laid out, excellent field of vision, not one single aspect of the interior trim looks or feels cheap.while shopping for this vehicle i compared it to 9 other cars in its segment, nothing felt anywhere near as polished or fun to drive.

Pleased, for the most part
By Detroit Scott on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Focus for about 6 weeks and am disappointed about only one thing: The fuel economy is much worse than I thought it would be. I traded in a 1997 Escort that still got about 375-400 miles out of a tank of gas. I'm lucky to get 325 out of the Focus, and that's with a lot of highway driving. On the positive side, the sound system and creature comforts a nice. It's a fun ride.

EXCELLENT ROAD CAR WOOD GRAIN FULL LEATH
By jason on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

IT'S A AWESOME CAR TO HAVE

EXCELLENT ROAD CAR WOOD GRAIN FULL LEATH
By JASON on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

IT'S A AWESOME CAR TO HAVE

Love this Car
By Asherly on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As a 6'1 not so small person, I find the focus extremely comfortable and easy to drive. Ford definitaly has a winner with this car. Solid interior components and doors make you feel safe, accelerates well even without the zetec engine and the gas mileage is great. The high seat backs are nice because i dont feel like im going to get a whiplash if something happens like i do in my old 93 thunderbird with lower seat backs. Only con is that the seat doesnt really tilt up so long legs may fatuige if the seat isnt perfectly positioned. Mirrors are positioned well and stereo is well positioned buttons- wise.

Love my 2001 ZTS
By maj123 on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'd consider the SVT model if they do a 2004 model.

experience has been bad
By JennyGieck on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

over the last 3 yrs I'v had to replace the tires annualy as least they have had 14+ recalls! My ignition went out and cost $500 to replace the windows roll the wrong way snow dents the door! The exterior window control plastic covers fell off overall my focus has been nothing but trouble oh and my brakes have had to been replaced twice just be cautious

Best in class
By ESommers on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The best entry compact vehicle at a good price. Offers everything Toyota can without unreasonably increasing the price.

Not a good buy
By stanggirl on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car a year ago and within the past year have had nothing but problems. After exactly a year and some days my car would not run b/c the clutch switch went out. Not a good thing for a pretty new car taken well care of.