Used 2003 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

worth the money
By b-l-z-a-bob

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One great car for the money. Especially with the 2.3 engine. Ride and handling for a car this size is excellent. Performance for this engine, even with an automatic is great too. Brakes are sufficient, and seem well balanced. All controls in the car are well placed too. Driving position is very comfortable, and I'm over 6 foot. Car does well at accomodating four adults, and can handle the extra passengers (power-wise) very well.

Favorite Features

Engine! The 2.3 engine makes driving this car a blast! I also like the adjustable seat bottom on the drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Only compaint I have is that they should make the blower motor/ventilation a little quieter.

Best in class
By 2.3 focus R

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

improvements not required in the focus line up. performance is great with the 2.3 engine; better than almost any other car in its class, even better than the V-6 in my wife's malibu! It's relatively quiet, even w/ low profile tires. handling is great, as is comfort on longer trips. driver seat adjustability is great. If you like to drive, and you're on a budget, this is your car!

Favorite Features

Engine! without a doubt, the 2.3L DOHC engine is a must have. runs far stronger than any four cyl. I've ever driven, and some V-6's too!

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint I have is the wiper blades. the originals streaked soon after delivery, and the replacements on warranty weren't much better.

quite a good car
By asb

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my new Focus. It is a confortable car and I like it. Still not confortable with the gas mileage...could be much better for this size car.

Favorite Features

Performance in general and design

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE

Great car to roll off a cliff
By John Berklon

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst piece of trash I have seen in my life. After 2 months and 5k miles the engine blew out...Great work Ford...Living up to your name of fix or repair daily.

Favorite Features

I liked the external styling and the ac was excellent.

Suggested Improvements

make an engine that will last at least 3 months...

Love my little Focus!
By tsarina007

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car on a whim, and fell in love. It handles like a dream, has great pick-up, and a nice quiet ride. It has a great sound system, and bunch of little, thoughtful features (like a glow-in-the-dark trunk release inside the trunk). Plus, it's really really cute!

Favorite Features

I love the sound system and the tight handling.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk doesn't release all the way and sometimes sticks. Weird. The cupholders could be a little more convenient (they don't hold tall bottles of water). Minor stuff, overall.