Used 2003 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

liked my Contour better
By wcfenner

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car, but I loved my 95 Ford Contour. I keep my cars for at least 150K miles, so hopefully my Focus will last as long as my last car. I really wish I had purchased the power premium model, but at the time I wanted a liquid grey 5spd and there was only premium available.

I love the color, the Mtx 75 trans in the focus is much smoother than in the Contour, and the stereo with its 6disc changer is incredible

Dealer service is awful. I have only had minor problems, but each repair require 3 or more trips to the dealer. Regency Ford is horrible and Fords 1800 customer service line is not much better.

It really is fun to drive
By puckhead

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Though i've only owned for a week i have been very impressed with a few things. Like many have said, this car corners like no other. I've owned a 2000 Mustang and an a BMW. This thing beats them. The shifter is best. Just has a great feel and smooths the bumps. I hope the reliability and longevity are as good as the first impression.

Cornering, visibility, just feels solid for such a small, inexpensive car.

Make a convertible!

Love My Focus
By ehren

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my T-Bird was involved in an accident, I was given a Ford Focus to drive by the rental company. I thought I would hate driving a smaller car. After a week I bought one.

Placement of features on the dash. Quick response & manuverability. Body style. An American Car

Simplify setting the clock on the menu. Add lights to the make-up mirror. Make the handle go down when lowering the front seat for back seat passengers.

look out japan
By bill scwarz

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

im a toyota man.bought this focus because i got such a great price.Im glad i did. There all over europe and now i know why.The unibody construction vehicle is quick and handles like a car that costs 10 grand more

well laid out dash board.easy controls other than the wipers and the lights .took some time to get use to

put the lights on the steering column

Love MY Focus!
By SmilinDaz

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The name of my car is true! Focus!! It gave me nre focus ... a wonderful "happy" yellow ,,, and a joy to drive!

the shapr sporty look .... with the right pricing. low maintance.

cup holders that are more accessible with fast food usage. automatic running lights ...