Used 2003 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Very pleased with my '03 ZTS
By relish1t

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purposely downgraded from years of full size pickups into a smaller vehicle. From the moment I drove the car home I have thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. It's quick, responsive, easy on the gas AND much easier to park than the pickups. I have not missed them at all, In fact, this car has enough room in it, that it has become my "truck". I've hauled everything from grass clippings bags, bags of mulch, plants, shrubbery and paving stones to 6' step ladders and not once have I ever had to leave something behind.

Sportiness, looks, fuel economy, interior size.

REDUCE THE ROAD NOISE! The biggest complaint I have with this car is the amount of interior noise. Particularly, at highway speeds. You expect the ZTS to naturally generate more road noise, but you should be able to carry on a normal conversation with a front seat passenger, but you can't.

It's OK
By Jason

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car two years ago new. So far I have been pleased with the car but it has had several issues and the dealership was a nightmare to deal with. Right after the warranty ran out I had a $1300.00 air conditioning problem that the dealership ripped me on. There has also been some other repair issues that I feel reflect poor craftsmanship; however I do like the car and I guess for an economy sedan it will do.

MP3 CD Player.

Better cusomter service, service departments.

A GREAT Car!
By Sara A.

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car based on reviews. It had 16,000 miles and was a rental when I got it. I must say, this car is an excellent value for the amount of car you get. I have not had one single problem with anything on or in the car, with the exception of the cigarette lighter leaping out at me when pushed in; strange, but not a huge deal. It is fun to drive, very zippy, and has a huge trunk. The CD player/stereo system are very nice. All in all, buy this car.

Acceleration, looks, reliability, warranty, space.

The headrests on the seats force your head forward. Not very comfortable. I took mine off. My cigarette lighter flies out at me when I try to use it. Could be trouble if I smoked all the time.

My first car!
By Amanda

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the car a month ago and it's great. It was my first car and my dad and I just decided to go test drive a Ford Focus because I had seen them and liked them a lot. We were "just looking" But we found a 2003 ford Focus SE light green type and packed with power everything. We knew this was the car (we had been just looking for a bit, at least for me). And since my dad couldn't find a scratch on it we got it. I have to say if you are looking for a good realiable first car for your teen I recomend this car!

I love almost everything about it. It's really not meant for a family though! One thing I really liked is when I was putting a sticker on my window I stood on the bumper for a second but realized it couldnt take that but it popped right back. I mean some cars like the Corolla don't do that well.

I will say there aren't enough cup holders and I am kinda jealous of the 2005 Focus owners because they have a CD storage area but i deal with that.

Very surprised
By moog

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen a lot of these around and figured they were lackluster. I was wrong. From the first few miles of my test drive I knew I was hooked. While it is not an exceptionally dynamic sport sedan, the '03 ZTS is a fine compromise between daily driving, luxury, and performance. With leather, 2.3l Duratech, and 27 mpg, I am fully satisfied for my $10k. It drives a lot like Jettas' little sister, not quite as powerful but still sassy! I am sure this vehicle will last longer than I care to keep it.

Leather, tilt, A/C, 6 CD changer, mileage, steering.

Stiffer suspension.