Used 2003 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

It's OK
By Jason

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car two years ago new. So far I have been pleased with the car but it has had several issues and the dealership was a nightmare to deal with. Right after the warranty ran out I had a $1300.00 air conditioning problem that the dealership ripped me on. There has also been some other repair issues that I feel reflect poor craftsmanship; however I do like the car and I guess for an economy sedan it will do.

MP3 CD Player.

Better cusomter service, service departments.

A GREAT Car!
By Sara A.

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car based on reviews. It had 16,000 miles and was a rental when I got it. I must say, this car is an excellent value for the amount of car you get. I have not had one single problem with anything on or in the car, with the exception of the cigarette lighter leaping out at me when pushed in; strange, but not a huge deal. It is fun to drive, very zippy, and has a huge trunk. The CD player/stereo system are very nice. All in all, buy this car.

Acceleration, looks, reliability, warranty, space.

The headrests on the seats force your head forward. Not very comfortable. I took mine off. My cigarette lighter flies out at me when I try to use it. Could be trouble if I smoked all the time.

My first car!
By Amanda

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the car a month ago and it's great. It was my first car and my dad and I just decided to go test drive a Ford Focus because I had seen them and liked them a lot. We were "just looking" But we found a 2003 ford Focus SE light green type and packed with power everything. We knew this was the car (we had been just looking for a bit, at least for me). And since my dad couldn't find a scratch on it we got it. I have to say if you are looking for a good realiable first car for your teen I recomend this car!

I love almost everything about it. It's really not meant for a family though! One thing I really liked is when I was putting a sticker on my window I stood on the bumper for a second but realized it couldnt take that but it popped right back. I mean some cars like the Corolla don't do that well.

I will say there aren't enough cup holders and I am kinda jealous of the 2005 Focus owners because they have a CD storage area but i deal with that.

Very surprised
By moog

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen a lot of these around and figured they were lackluster. I was wrong. From the first few miles of my test drive I knew I was hooked. While it is not an exceptionally dynamic sport sedan, the '03 ZTS is a fine compromise between daily driving, luxury, and performance. With leather, 2.3l Duratech, and 27 mpg, I am fully satisfied for my $10k. It drives a lot like Jettas' little sister, not quite as powerful but still sassy! I am sure this vehicle will last longer than I care to keep it.

Leather, tilt, A/C, 6 CD changer, mileage, steering.

Stiffer suspension.

Great Value
By Penny Lane

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a private investigator and I use my vehicle for work. I drive around 30k miles per year so fuel economy and durability are important to me. So far I have 65k miles on the vehicle and it has never been in for repair since the first month I owned it. That issue turned out to be a faulty spark plug. Sometimes I need to drive in alleyways or other rough terrain. I admit I do abuse this poor vehicle but it has taken it all and still is ready to go every morning. I recommend this car for young drivers or anyone needing cheap reliable transport.

For the money I suggest none. I would prefer a more comfortable seat but for the price this car comes equipped just fine.