2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fun to drive
By Ellen on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am really happy with my 03 Focus! It is a fun little car.The back seat has lots of room and is very comfortable.The trunk is huge.The metallic blue color is beautiful! I really love this car!

KLW REVIEW
By KLW on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT VEHICALE FOR THE PRICE.

Ford Focus ZTS review
By keith kramer on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Great driving position. Peppy enough, but a few more h.p. would be welcome. Feels like a bigger car. Excellent handling. Can't comment on reliability because I only have 5000 miles on the car. Wish there would be an entry to the trunk from inside because I often have my hitch based bike rack on the back. Good sound system. A really great car for under $18,000.

My review
By gordon24 on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car, and I love it!!

one of the best little cars
By jim ledger on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i got the focus 4mo ago to drive back and forth to work for the gas milage. since then i have gone to fla. in the focus and got 35mpg. i average about 33mpg going to work, I really enjoy driving this car, my wife has a crown vic, and would rather drive the focus, because it is easer to get in and out of tight spots and has a lot of power for a 4cyl.

Centennial edition
By kunal on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the car June 16th for my wife. What sold me was driving dynamics simply unreal. Our Focus has advancetrac which most cars in this price range don't even offer! Plus a 2k cash back from Ford sweetened the deal even more.

perfect car
By joephatmamma on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is so much fun to drive, i am 16 and of course i love to race, i have raced some bad ass cars out there and one. the ford focus is completely underestimated

Love My ZTS!
By ragtopgeek on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a '01 ZTS for one year, and liked it so much I traded up for an '03 ZTS w/automatic, totally loaded. The driving dynamics are incredible. In an attempt to become more minimal, I just sold my '96 Porsche 911 and '01 Mercedes SLK this past year, so have some experience with nice cars. Of course the ZTS is not a 911 or SLK, but I don't feel like I stepped down from Cindy Crawford to Hillary Clinton. Still have long-term reliability concerns. Would like to think I got a good deal: Every-option ZTS, including Centential Package, with an extended 2 year b-to-b for an out-the-door price of $16,600.

Best car at the best price
By newcar on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove and researched each car in Edmund's 15K and lower list. The Ford Focus blew me away! It was the obvious choice. With the dealer's special pricing at the time I purchased my vehicle, I paid less and got more than I would have for any car in the list. I love it! I cannot say enough great things about it.

Good car.
By dirkaelder on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only driven the car 2000 miles but it has done a good job. The engine is weak but sufficient. Gas mileage drops off drastically at speeds above 65 mph. At 72mph I was getting about 25 miles per gallon. This is only slightly better than my WRX. The car rides great but seems a bit floaty. The handling is excellent. I wouldn't try to many passes on a two lane highway. Overall I am satisfied so far. I was a bit hesitant at first with reading some of the prior recalls and problems with the brakes. This seems to have been resolved.