2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
First Time Buyer
By First time Buyer on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car I bought on my own, right after college. At the time it was the perfect car for me. Iíve had the car over a year now and itís still in excellent condition and Iíve put over 22k miles on it. The sound system sounds great and itís a smooth and comfortable ride. Just wish the engine was a little faster, doesnít have much of a pick up. Iíve now become bored with the car, and wish it was more appealing to an early 20ís market.

Quite Impressive
By jason_vat on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased an 03 ZTS w/auto transmission about 2 months ago and I'm very impressed with the car. Very comfortable and the MP3/CD stereo is GREAT! Everything seems to be laid out in a manner that is useful and comfortable for the driver. Best car in the price range for sure, it handles better than most cars that cost 10k more. We did have to have some warranty work on a small spot on the bumper where the clearcoat seemed to be missing, but the dealer fixed it quickly and professionally.

4dr Sedan
By allee on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car end of June 2003 and so far I love it...I traded in a 2000 Volkswagen Jetta that gave me nothing but problems the day I bought it...I am hoping that my Focus gives me a much happier life... I am alittle hesitant to give my focus a full rating on reliability until I have had it a year or so...then I can give a true rating. But thus far its fun to drive and I am happy at the moment!

Aftermarket
By pwallace01 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I used to drive a mustang and let me tell you. This car handles and responds to driver input much better. Anyone can take this car and drive it fast through a corner. The only downfall i see from the factory is that it only has 130HP. The aftermarket, however, is plentiful. You will like this car.

Our third Ford, and it's a Charm
By Rubygross on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We decided to retire our 1996 Ford Escort and give it to our son. We researched the Ford Focus LX Sedan, found a great deal from the internet service manager...and went to purchase. We found a beautiful color which we call seafoam green and Ford calls Terra. Received a $3,000 rebate at time of purchase, great incentives, power train warranty...the whole shebang.

I like it
By JD11 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been great for the first 700 miles and I only had the car a week. It seems like I'm always at the gas station. I haven't figured out the gas milage yet so I don't know if it's because I'm getting bad gas milage or because it's the small gas tank. The car handles really well. With all of the incentives I got it dropped the price considerably. I have also enjoyed the 6-disc changer even though I really didn't think I needed it.

Good price for performance and features.
By Hofmann on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My only two complains are the tires (too small), and that the car is sometimes 'lazy' when accelerating.

my excellent car
By edman on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is great, make more cars like it and make more after market parts thank you.

ZTS not too bad!
By Kurt S on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving an SUV for the last 5 years, I had forgotten just how much fun a small car can be to drive. The suspension is softer than i expected, but the 4 wheel disc brakes (part of the 'advance-trac' package, are superb, and the Zetec motor, while a little short on horsepower is fun to rev out and has a really wide powerband. the gas mileage has been astoundingly good, despite driving it quickly up in the winding mountain roads west of Denver.

2003 Focus
By Supergrl on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have driven! I wanted it very badly and it was definatly worth it!