2003 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Clear sailing
By matthewew on 03/26/13 15:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. The only issue is that it is rough on tires. I normally get about 40K out of a 60K tire. I average 26-27mpg in the winter and 29-32mpg the rest of the year. I have 149900 miles on my car. I have not experienced many of the issues that others have, but then I bought mine new and know what it has gone through. If you do the maintenance when the owner's manual says to do it then you will have very few problems. Word to drivers the rotors are not the best, but the pads are really good so if you have worn out your brake pads, that is on you. I went 89K before having to change rotors and it was a mountain pass that did in the rear brake pads.

awsome! then you have the paint...
By devyn_hogan on 01/17/12 19:03 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this car has been great to me, i bought it used with 30.000 miles. the guy put a K&N and loud exhaust... sounded great, until i got caught with it (illegal in my state). the only problem with it was the alternator. except it was not, it was a fuse in between the alternator and the motor. Then the paint peeled, spotted, bubbled, and cracked on the bumper. the paint peel happened on the hatchback. right above the light. the BLACK car now had WHITE spots on the back. and the rear bumper is full of very small cracks. None of this is because of lack of care, i and very ocd on apperance.

good fuel efficency and lots of space
By fordddddd on 08/31/09 12:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car as a rebuilt vehicle over a year ago. It had 12K miles on it. Now it has 36000 miles and i have not yet had a problem with it. I get around 27 mpg average (city and highway). I love this car because it gives good fuel economy and can haul a lot of stuff. I use it to take my dogs to training and i can hold 3 crates with the rear seats folded down (500, 400 and a 300 crate).

2003 Focus ZTW
By Roger on 10/12/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 135000 miles on this car. I have owned it from new. Only problem is that it wears out a lot of tires. Doesn't seem to help to align and rotate. last set of tires lasted 20,000 miles. Perhaps because they are the low profile 16 inch. Otherwise car uses no oil, averages 23mpg combined city and highway.

Tires
By crap on 04/08/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage but has cost me a fortune in tires. I bought the ZTW focus 2.0l 5sp wagon new and it no has 88,000 mi on it. I get no more than 15,000 mi out of a set of 15" tires whether cheap or expensive (back have gotten as little a 10K). Called Ford up they said "never heard of that before" but yet supplies my dealer w/ alignment kits to try and cure. Struts blew at 10k . On 3rd set of rear seat belts. Rear latch changed under recall- new latch worse-latch sometimes opens when hit bump-things fall out. Can no longer read LCD #s on blaupunct radio. Dashboard different color than rest of plastics. ps pump leak at 30k.

Ford Focus 03 dohc
By Ed Dickinson on 09/23/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Drove car off show room, never had a problem, except normal maintenaince. The car needs more power, a min.of 190hp to 210hp. The lack of power is a big draw back wth the Ford Focus.

Terrific Car
By Joe Cardosi on 11/21/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My ZTW-wagon is the perfect urban vehicle. Easily hauls four adults and four sets of golf clubs. It handles like a sports car, is quiet with no rattles or squeaks, good pick-up for a 4-banger, 30-mph on trips, and is well-equipped. I have 6-CD stereo, 4-wheel disks with ABS, stability control, moon roof, 16-in aluminum wheels, low profile tires, vanity cover for the storage compartment, rear window wiper-washer, leather wrapped steering wheel, and plenty of storage pockets, bins, cup holders. It has over 60,000 miles without a single problem. The Volvo S-40 underpinnings help make it a wonderful car to drive.

used car = wow
By century33 on 09/26/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned our Focus ZTW wagon for almost 2 years. Purchased used with 13,644 miles on it, we got this fully loaded car for a great price and couldn't be happier with it. In this time we have driven 42,356 miles and the only repairs were new brakes and tires just within the past few weeks. This wagon is truly fun to drive on long trips. 795 miles = about $70.00 gas when gas was almost $3 per gallon, and the cargo room is great. This car replaced a 1994 Escort wagon LX that is STILL running. We loved that car as well, but needed something newer. In a nutshell... if you are in the market for a new small wagon, consider looking at a used Focus, it's a great value.

Practical Performer
By Alleve23 on 02/04/06 15:47 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in an SUV for this car in the North East. Performs well in the wet/snow conditions. The ZTW has provided me with more than adequate storage space and power. It is nimble and quick with the ZETEC. Rear shocks needed to be replaced at 2000 miles; they have been fixed and have given me no problems since. I have driven the vehicle 26,000 problem free miles per year and it has been holding up very well.

Awesome 1st Ford
By RaiderRick on 09/29/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My fully loaded ZTW has been a dream. Ran like a top up in North Dakota over a brutal winter -- great on ice and snow with the Pirelli P600s (which wore out after about 15k -- put Falkens on, much nicer tire and are better in the wet and handle just as good). Knock on wood, car is a dream.