2003 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Clear sailing
By matthewew on 03/26/13 15:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. The only issue is that it is rough on tires. I normally get about 40K out of a 60K tire. I average 26-27mpg in the winter and 29-32mpg the rest of the year. I have 149900 miles on my car. I have not experienced many of the issues that others have, but then I bought mine new and know what it has gone through. If you do the maintenance when the owner's manual says to do it then you will have very few problems. Word to drivers the rotors are not the best, but the pads are really good so if you have worn out your brake pads, that is on you. I went 89K before having to change rotors and it was a mountain pass that did in the rear brake pads.

awsome! then you have the paint...
By devyn_hogan on 01/17/12 19:03 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this car has been great to me, i bought it used with 30.000 miles. the guy put a K&N and loud exhaust... sounded great, until i got caught with it (illegal in my state). the only problem with it was the alternator. except it was not, it was a fuse in between the alternator and the motor. Then the paint peeled, spotted, bubbled, and cracked on the bumper. the paint peel happened on the hatchback. right above the light. the BLACK car now had WHITE spots on the back. and the rear bumper is full of very small cracks. None of this is because of lack of care, i and very ocd on apperance.

TERRIBLE
By poohbealov on 12/04/11 06:08 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

bought this at 81,000 miles was good until about 85,000. New motor mount, then a new engine, then a huge exhaust leak, then the engine was misfiring, then had to take it back to ford to get the lifters replaced, now i am waiting on it in the shop because they had to replace the instrument cluster. a total of about 5,000 in repairs in just a year. It's rediculous! i spend more time without a car then i do with one. I just barely hit 97k miles!

good fuel efficency and lots of space
By fordddddd on 08/31/09 12:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car as a rebuilt vehicle over a year ago. It had 12K miles on it. Now it has 36000 miles and i have not yet had a problem with it. I get around 27 mpg average (city and highway). I love this car because it gives good fuel economy and can haul a lot of stuff. I use it to take my dogs to training and i can hold 3 crates with the rear seats folded down (500, 400 and a 300 crate).

Took the crash well
By Tom on 11/13/08 04:16 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car new. In the time she had it there was very little maintenance done on it. Had to replace a tail light that had melted to the plastic holder. Had to drill the old one out. Car ran smooth. A couple of weeks ago another driver pulled out in front of her and my wife and 9 month baby hit them head on at over 45 MPH. The good news is they both walked away. Minor injuries. Insurance did not give is much money for it but they car crumbled and not my family. Other problems with the car was the radio stopped working but could not be turned off. It just blinked, and the tailgate release button was not working had to use the keypad.

2003 Focus ZTW
By Roger on 10/12/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 135000 miles on this car. I have owned it from new. Only problem is that it wears out a lot of tires. Doesn't seem to help to align and rotate. last set of tires lasted 20,000 miles. Perhaps because they are the low profile 16 inch. Otherwise car uses no oil, averages 23mpg combined city and highway.

Tires
By crap on 04/08/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage but has cost me a fortune in tires. I bought the ZTW focus 2.0l 5sp wagon new and it no has 88,000 mi on it. I get no more than 15,000 mi out of a set of 15" tires whether cheap or expensive (back have gotten as little a 10K). Called Ford up they said "never heard of that before" but yet supplies my dealer w/ alignment kits to try and cure. Struts blew at 10k . On 3rd set of rear seat belts. Rear latch changed under recall- new latch worse-latch sometimes opens when hit bump-things fall out. Can no longer read LCD #s on blaupunct radio. Dashboard different color than rest of plastics. ps pump leak at 30k.

Awful
By Richard on 03/27/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Picked this up just over a year ago with 38,000 miles on it & over a year of original powertrain warranty left. Since then, it's been into the shop many times. I've spent over $3,000 repairing this vehicle, replacing the a/c compressor, the a/c condenser, the alternator, the tensioner pulley, & the front sway bars amongst other things. None of the repairs were covered by the warranty. The car now has 47,300 miles on it, & I can't wait to trade it in. In my opinion, I think that overall, it's a good idea poorly executed, put together with poor quality parts.

Nice Wagon
By Deb on 01/25/08 11:43 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little wagon with exceptional gas mileage. Right now has 100,000 on it an still running nicely. The ignition lock froze up around 70,000 and had to be replaced and the shift solenoid in the tranny was just done last week. Other than that, just general maintenance. Have driven this car all over the country and it's always started and run nicely. I do not go to dealerships for upkeep on my car, I go to Firestone so haven't had problems with recurrent brake issues, etc.

Great Car!
By FocusFan on 12/26/07 18:11 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car and so far it has been great. We've had it for a year and it hasn't had so much as a battery problem-Extremely reliable. The car is easy and fun to drive with tight steering and a lot of zip to it. Both the interior and exterior have a really cool design. I do a have some complaints; The interior-actually the whole car- has an overuse of cheap plastic and the brakes squeak, but only in very cold, rainy, or snowy weather. If you're looking for a reliable car you can't go wrong with the Focus.

1 2 3 4 5 next »