2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Very Satisfied and Impressed with my Focus
By auto_engineer on 03/28/12 22:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 2003 Focus ZTS for 6 months now. Im shocked but its performance for its affordable price. The steering is tight and feels very sporty and handles the corners very well. Gas mileage I get is at least 32 MPG Highway and 26 City. It has a nice stereo system with good bass It also has CD/MP3 player along with Traffic Reports and the and News Reports. Many Focus for this year has different Radio Units, This particular one is my favorite. Seats are Very soft and very easy to clean. Rides very stable at high speeds. The rear spolier gives it enough down force for better handling as well. Low Profile Tires give it a good look. DOHC engine has some pep.I would recommand this car to anyone

REALLY reliable
By twamebrown on 04/22/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been GREAT. I bought it with about 30k miles on it and now it has 90k with very little put into it. Give her regular oil changes and this car will just keep on going. I had to put new tires on it, new brakes and change the lock cylinder when I bought it, but outside of that, it has been perfect. It runs smooth and shifts beautifully. I get about 25 mpg with mostly city driving. Sometimes when I shut the trunk it doesn't latch, but I just have to shut it again. Great car, will drive it into the ground.

Still great after 3 years
By kate on 05/04/07 07:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it is just as much fun to drive over 3 years later. I have the Zetec engine, it has lots of pep and I get 25 mpg overall and that's with over 20 stop lights between home and work. The original Firestone tires were...well, junk, and after lots effort on the dealership's part, I gave up and replaced them with Pirelli tires at 8000 miles. The back seat is roomier than I expected and the front is very comfortable. Huge trunk great for travel.I love this car!

This is a LEMON
By Steve on 11/22/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle performed superbly right up until the 40,000 mile mark. First of all, the Pirelli tires are horrible and will need to be replaced between 35-40k. Secondly, I had to replace the brakes and rotors because they were shot. Third, I had to replace a transmission part that caused my engine to skip (thankfully covered by the extended warranty). Lastly, and most important, the engine stalls in the middle of traffic with no warning. I have taken it to the dealer but they can't figure out what is wrong. I used to think "buy American" but in the case of cars, IT'S NOT WORTH MY LIFE or yours either! Do yourself a favor and STAY CLEAR of this one!

Very pleased with my '03 ZTS
By relish1t on 10/08/05 08:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purposely downgraded from years of full size pickups into a smaller vehicle. From the moment I drove the car home I have thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. It's quick, responsive, easy on the gas AND much easier to park than the pickups. I have not missed them at all, In fact, this car has enough room in it, that it has become my "truck". I've hauled everything from grass clippings bags, bags of mulch, plants, shrubbery and paving stones to 6' step ladders and not once have I ever had to leave something behind.

It's OK
By Jason on 06/12/05 05:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car two years ago new. So far I have been pleased with the car but it has had several issues and the dealership was a nightmare to deal with. Right after the warranty ran out I had a $1300.00 air conditioning problem that the dealership ripped me on. There has also been some other repair issues that I feel reflect poor craftsmanship; however I do like the car and I guess for an economy sedan it will do.

Very surprised
By moog on 05/09/05 06:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen a lot of these around and figured they were lackluster. I was wrong. From the first few miles of my test drive I knew I was hooked. While it is not an exceptionally dynamic sport sedan, the '03 ZTS is a fine compromise between daily driving, luxury, and performance. With leather, 2.3l Duratech, and 27 mpg, I am fully satisfied for my $10k. It drives a lot like Jettas' little sister, not quite as powerful but still sassy! I am sure this vehicle will last longer than I care to keep it.

worth the money
By b-l-z-a-bob on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One great car for the money. Especially with the 2.3 engine. Ride and handling for a car this size is excellent. Performance for this engine, even with an automatic is great too. Brakes are sufficient, and seem well balanced. All controls in the car are well placed too. Driving position is very comfortable, and I'm over 6 foot. Car does well at accomodating four adults, and can handle the extra passengers (power-wise) very well.

Best in class
By 2.3 focus R on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

improvements not required in the focus line up. performance is great with the 2.3 engine; better than almost any other car in its class, even better than the V-6 in my wife's malibu! It's relatively quiet, even w/ low profile tires. handling is great, as is comfort on longer trips. driver seat adjustability is great. If you like to drive, and you're on a budget, this is your car!

Fab Focus
By chekmarc on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value for the money. Solid construction, well equipped as standard and very comfortable for a small car. I purchased several options because I spend a lot of time in my car (heated seats/mirrors, spoiler, leather, 6-disc in-dash CD, low- profile tires, power moon roof). It was worth it. I also like the european styling. The ZTS/ZTW has plenty of power with the 2.0 litre. Next model year available with 2.3 litre, even better.