2003 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2003 Focus ZX3, Duratech 23 = AWESOME!!!
By metalwych on 03/10/12 22:53 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2003 Focus with the DuraTech 23 engine (2.3 liter) for less than $6000. It had 59000 miles on it. This car is awesome. I needed a car that gets good gas mileage (I also have a Lincoln and a 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, so I needed a car that gets better than 25mpg). This little car has a lot of get up and go. Its quick and gets excellent gas mileage (when I go from San Diego to L.A., I average 46mpg...which is awesome). And its a fun car to drive. Now, it doesn't have the power of my powerhouse V-8's, but for a 4 cylinder, it really moves. The way this car handles is superb. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this car can corner. Awesome fun car to drive!

It really is fun to drive
By puckhead on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Though i've only owned for a week i have been very impressed with a few things. Like many have said, this car corners like no other. I've owned a 2000 Mustang and an a BMW. This thing beats them. The shifter is best. Just has a great feel and smooths the bumps. I hope the reliability and longevity are as good as the first impression.

look out japan
By bill scwarz on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

im a toyota man.bought this focus because i got such a great price.Im glad i did. There all over europe and now i know why.The unibody construction vehicle is quick and handles like a car that costs 10 grand more

I love the Car
By sugawoman on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I honestly love the car. It rides great and is so much fun!

# 1
By AlexArgumedo on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The best car i ever drive

ZX3 With PZEV engine
By nowlaj on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car to drive. Acceleration is solid and the 2.3L PZEV engine has more pickup than its predecessor. No defects noted both exterior and interior. A wonderful car to drive

2003 Focus ZX3
By pmh on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really do like the Focus, but too many problems, and I though 2003 vehicles had been fixed. I have had my car back 5 times having new rotors at 9000 miles, alignment problems, vibrations through through the steering wheel, water leaking in from the windsheild, radio, door latches sticking, exterior trim falling off. Its just not worth it...stay away from this vehicle. Ford does not accept any responsibility for the product!!!

2003 ZX3
By SilverOne on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a 2000 ZX3 before this and I loved it. I put way too many miles on it and just had to get a new car. I decided on the ZX3 once again because of how much of a great vehicle it was. It's very fun to drive, has very good performance and power for a 130hp engine, the handling is great and it has lots of room. They have made many improvments on the newer models and fixed a few things also. I know I'm going to like this car as much as I did the last and will probably get yet another Focus after this one! Sounds crazy but I really do like them.

New Owner Review
By mcoene on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Being 6'5" with a long torso, it was tough for me to find an economical vehicle both in terms of cost and fuel economy. I have a long commute and so far am delighted with my new ZX3.

25K and not a problem yet!
By ZX3me on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car for commuting, so much fun to drive. Haven't had a single problem or warranty repair ...yet, very reliable. In a pinch have had to fit my family of 5 in it...no problem, has a lot of room for a small car. It's just a blast to drive and i am consistantly averaging 30 MPG even when revving it off the line. It's been a great car plus I scored a 60mo Ford loan at 0% APR!