Worst car ever
By SOKnight on
2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have owned Fords before but this will be my last. All the tires needed replacing when I went over normal potholes and they developed bubbles or got flat. Then the slave cylinder went. 3 of the 4 wheel bearings needed to be replaced, the CD player died, the shifter cable died, the front coil springs broke (there's a silent recall on these fyi), the windshield just cracked for no reason, the plastic on the bottom of the windshield came loose and the car gets water in the passenger side, and then there is that mysterious exhaust smell when I turn into my driveway, there was some radiator problem too but I don't recall what, now the A/C needs to be recharged, then there's a broken fan resistor.
Favorite Features
OK with all that, the car has wonderful handling and is a lot of fun to drive. It takes corners better than any car I've ever owned.
Suggested Improvements
Where to begin. I've only got 94K on the car and I drive like a grandma and get the car services regularly and the multitude of problems in unbelievable. Worst car I've ever had, unfortunately b/c my family has owned Fords since the 60's. Never again.