The Only Focus I'd defend in a argument
By svt4life87 on
2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Great car! I only recommend SVT model nowadays if you're ever looking for an american sport compact from ford. While I drove other Focuses of the same generation this model was the one that melt my heart. At first the car may seem perfect but as the years roll on, the mainenance can be costly when looking for spare parts but I'm not talking price but finding the parts which is why as long as you stay on top of the mainenance (as with any car) you'll have little heartache as the proud owner of a Focus.
Favorite Features
Great suspension. I love it not just for performance but also for safety reasons. Where I live bad drivers are infamous and this thing has dodged many possible disasters. Thought the Zetec engine is of my preference I respect how far it came along compared to the previous incarnations of it. The interior is great! The Red/ Black and Blue/ Black interior offered with these cars are often mistaken for being custom which says a lot for a Foci.
Suggested Improvements
The stock audio system is so-so. I love the explod speakers and amp but the stock radio receiver had to go. The headlights and rear bumper were a bit of a drag which is why I'd recommend the 03-04 model if you're bothered by the bland headlights.