2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Right Car for the Right Person

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Right Car for the Right Person
By Aaron on

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I do highway driving and only get about 26mpg. I had a minivan, so I wanted the availability to haul stuff (bikes, snowboards, etc.), and in that aspect it's a great fit. I call it my mini-minivan. However, I was looking for a bit better gas mileage (32ish), the windshield wipers have a bit of a glitch, the bolts that hold the air filter box together are somehow defunct. But other than that I am overall happy with the car. I wished it would have been easy to find one with a stick and there is no RMP gauge on the SE. I have a few Mustangs also, so I miss the power. The 130 hp engine does the job, but no burnouts. The car does handle very well and feels sportier than it should.

Storage, hauling, roof rack, and being 6'2' 208lbs it's nice to fit into a car this size without feeling cramped, even with the back seats down. I just love the wagon...who would want a trunk?

More power outlets, bigger tank - the 10ish gallons gets me 260 miles before I have to start walking.