2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 2002 Ford Focus ZX5

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2002 Ford Focus ZX5
By CarMan on

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several cars in my life and drive more than the average. My Focus had its first repair at 112,000 miles needing a sensor replaced. Other than tires, and brakes, and oil changes this car has been an amazing one and I would not hesitate to buy another. Gas mileage is also incredible, tires are inexpensive, and the seats are more comfortable than in my Jag.
By mike2889
on 07/14/14 06:27 AM (PDT)

Judging from the review from CarMan, I have to say maybe I purchased a vehicle that was made on a Friday. I have owned a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 that I bought brand new from the dealer in 2003. I have 85K miles on it and although I have not had to have any Major repairs done, there have been numerous minor repairs that were necessary. The radio went the first year and was replaced. The radio now is malfunctioning again. The seat back broke around 35K, the A/C unit was toast after 60K. The middle console lock broke early on as did the front right strut. Just some of the minor repairs that came early. A new one recently was the back hatchback not staying in the upright position, twice hit in the head. As far as mileage goes, yes will get 26 MPG on highway. However, on local roads seems more like 18 MPG. All in all, out of 1-10 with 10 being the highest rating, I would give the Focus about a 5-6