2002 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Porsche Killer

2002 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Review

Porsche Killer
By Ben on

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car, needed reliable transportation, good economy, but no sacrifice to performance, and needed it all on a strict budget. Shopped all the imports, but the SVTF had much more bang for the buck. The SRT4 will spank it in a line, but the SVTF out handles cars that costs 5 times as much. I autocross it often, once entered a Porsche Club of America event, came in 4th out of 75 cars, 55 were Porsches! I'm a decent driver, but the SVTF makes me a great driver. Easy to drive and very predictable handling. I can haul a lot gear to work in the hatch, and go racing on the weekend. Well balanced car, Ford needs to make more cars like this!

Favorite Features

SVT hit a home run, too bad they are going upscale. It actually gets lots of compliments. Especially the Sonic Blue paint. The interior ergonomics are great, the seating comfortable, system rocks. Great suspension offers nice ride and handling. All the goods and cheap! Better than Si and GTI.

Suggested Improvements

Audiophile system sounds great, but I'm on my unit. O2 sensor keeps failing. Very easy to accidentally slip into the wrong gear when down shifting, no lockout on 1st can lead to BIG problems! Suggested improvement #1, bring back the SVTF utilizing the new Euro Focus platform.