I love this car- one of the best I have owned
By dino3721 on
2002 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my wagon 5-speed with 120K miles on it and it did not have much care before I owned. I drive about 25K a year. I had to put some decent money in it but I bought if far below bluebook. With all that said- I love this car. It is GREAT mileage. I get 29.5 in town and 34-36 on the hyway. I keep it in tiptop shape- but it is fun to drive, rides very well, and can carry about anything. The only thing I don't like is the seats are not as comfortable as I would like. I would buy this car again and I am considering buying a 2nd for a spare. I put alot of miles on a car and I have been very happy with my wagon. It looks good- however, I have jacked it out a bit.
Favorite Features
Mileage is GREAT. Lots of power. Stereo sounds good. Rides really nice. Can turn on a dime. I have put money in it but the parts have been very reasonable. Good features. I understand that all cars need parts and care- so I am a little more open than most to doing a little work. It looks good- even my 16yo nephew told me he wanted one. Not bad for a station wagon.
Suggested Improvements
Seat comfort is needing to be improved. Center console lid spring seems to be be a common problem but also an easy fix. The cubby hole in the dash I wish had a pull out drawer in its place instead of open storage. I am being picky- only because I love this car. It has so much power I wish they would have put in a 6th speed for even better mileage.