2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: I hate this car

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2002 Ford Focus

ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I hate this car
By Terrible car on

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was bored with my old car and gas prices were rising. I decided I would go and test some cars out. I ended up getting the Focus. 2 weeks after I bought it my door locks stopped working. 3 weeks after that I had to have the sway bar replaced. Then the motor mount. Then the alternator. Then my electrical system went out. 6 disc cd player broke. I swear it eats tires and headlight bulbs. Up to date I have had the car for almost 3 years. It has 137k miles on it. I have replaced the motor mounts 5 times. I bumped a curb and the side air bag deployed. I have had my car in the shop so many times the car rental people know me by name. Ford makes terrible cars and I would recommend you stay away.

When I first bought it... fuel economy. Now that is even terrible. I used to get 38 mpg on the highway. Now I am around 25 mpg and my driving has not changed.

Everything needs to be thought over again. Numerous recalls need to be issued. The car stinks, just to be blunt. It is a terrible car and I regret ever buying it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mom38
on 09/20/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

I own a 2002 Ford Focus and I hate this car so much!!!!!!!! I have gone through rear tires every year since I bought it. The doors lock by themselves. I have had nothing but trouble with the brakes grinding and squealing all the time! I have lost control on slippery roads and was almost killed when I slid into oncoming traffic, and was forced to take the ditch. The rearend of these car is so F'd up you loose control easily on any slippery driving conditions. I think Ford motor company should be sued!!!!!! The engine problems are to numerous to list. I would like to throw a stick of dynamite in this car and blow it sky high!!