2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: I've had worse

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

I've had worse
By Bob B. on

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new in 02. I have always been impressed with the handling of this car, it really is top notch. It's been pretty reliable too. The trunk release was the first thing to go at about 30,000 mi. Second, the alternator went just over 50,000 miles. The hood release also broke off in my hand. Acceleration is not the greatest but it is adequate with the 5 speed. I have average 22-24 mpg mostly city driving with ac on. Not bad for real world numbers. The clutch has lasted for 86,000 miles. I have not had any major problems yet and I'm not that good at regular maintenance. I can fit lots of stuff in this car and I like the fact that it stays dry (no pick up truck for me).

top notch handling super cold a/c decent all around car I'm a big guy the front seat is comfortable for me. I think this would be a good used car pick up for anyone.

overall quality not quite up to Honda/Toyota although most things have held up well