Great car so far!
By truckguy37 on
2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Bought this 2002 Focus ZX3 5spd last summer with 201,000 on it...for $700 drove it home! Knew it needed a couple things...didn't realize it needed more....Took the cover off the timing belt for inspection (Zetec motor) looked like the timing belt had never been replaced after 201,000 miles...the cracks were on the outside of the belt ready to snap! Had my mechanic look at it and it was very solid car no rust at all..and the seller never told me it had all new brake and fuel lines!! After spending $1,500 to get most of it done, it seems to be pretty good so far. I take it long and very short drives and doesn't leave me stranded. Getting 37 mpg is pretty good too!
Favorite Features
The heat is unbelievable! I never had heat work soo well in a car! AC might need to be refilled! The car is soo good on gas I swear I dont pay much for it at all! Im used to driving a Grand Marquis... Im at 210,000 miles right now..and running great! Id get another Focus!!! but I wouldn't get the Split Port engine as the valve seat tends to drop into the cylinder...and be sure to replace the tming belt at the suggested intervals...which is 120,000 or 10 yrs....and the Zetec will last for 300,000 miles!