2002 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
By ewwerweqr on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has been in the shop over 12 times in the past 6 months for the ignition switch problem, leaky trunk and squeaky breaks. Ford can't fix the ignition problem. I've now contacted the Attorney General.

In Focus
By Diva on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had some problems with the original tires, but replaced them @15,000 miles and so far I've had no more problems. I am concerned with the quality of the vehicle, but it is comfortable and reasonably fun to drive. There is a LOT of road noise/wind.

Leaky Ford
By Brandy on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car at 41 actual miles. By the time I got it home I had already called the dealership about one (1) defect that I had found. Within the next two (2) weeks. The car leaked two (2) times, causing puddles, ranging from 1-1/2" to 2", in the passengerside front floorboard. I would NOT recommend this car to ANYONE! This was my first EVER Ford purchase & I am not the least bit happy.

Excellent Value
By millers on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

5000 trouble-free miles. Roomy, inexpensive ($12.7K after rebate) great handling and very good performance with Zetec/5 spd (auto trans costs more and saps power, you don't want it!). This is an easy car to drive quickly but can carry 4 big people in comfort. Small items: The center armrest gets in the way of shifting--get rid of it. The power locks insist on locking all doors but do not unlock them when you arrive. Thus the pass & rear doors must constantly be unlocked doors with the button/fob. Would be nice to have trunk lever to open from outside.

No Problems Here
By JoshWMU on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Focus as my second car, first new car. I fell in love with it from the day I saw it in 99 at an auto show. Finally bought one in 2002 and never looked back. I have nearly 10,000 miles on it now, and not a problem with it. The car has absolutely superb handing, and with the Zetec engine, plenty of power. There is also a growing aftermarket for the car, so if you aren't satisfied with handling and power, there are things that can be done. If you are like me, you are thinking about the Focus and the Civic. I chose the Focus because its so original, and everyone drives a civic.

Fast, Fun And Praticle
By King Scottie on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Focus as my first new car back in Feburary 2002. After two cross country road trips, and a 50 mile a day commute, I must say that this car has performed like a champ. My gas mileage is typically between 30 and 34, and on the longer highway only trips can hit 38. The handling of this car is amazing, and corners better than any sports car I've driven before. The comfort is above average, but you can get a bit sore after more than 5 or 6 hours in the car. All in all, if I had to do it all over, I'd still choose the Focus.

Good Car but Noisy
By JBT on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car rides very well for a small car. The handling is great. Lots of room for a small car. Fuel econonmy is okay wish it had a little more get up and go at the start...seems a little sluggish at the start sometimes. Overall a good car for the price. The only really bad thing is the road noise, especially over coarse pavement. It's so loud one can't carry a conversation without really speaking loud.

A Special Bond
By loupie on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of leg room in the front seats and very comfortable with the leather seating option. I tested the front seat for leg room, and it can slide back so far I could hardly reach the steering wheel. The passenger side has plenty of room for my large car pool buddy. I had 10 exterior colors to choose from and the Infra-Red was an easy choice for me. I think the engine has plenty of pep, everything considered. This car handles great, it's fun to drive. I've owned Japanese cars in the past and this car has really shocked me, so far.

They did it right!
By Jerry McGee on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love it...Fun to drive, handles well, lots of room in the trunk,plenty of headroom.

Fun to drive
By brianwheelies on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a month and a half and put 9,000 miles on already. Installed a k&n cold air intake and a cat back exhaust, sounds great and has more top end rip. Drag raced my brothers miata and smoked him. The driver side mirror and rear view mirror vibrate and the driver side door is beginning to rattle, the only things I dislike about the car.