2002 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus "A good car so far"
By Burnea on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall Its an exceelent care especially for a college student that likes to road trip alot.

I want OUT!!!!!
By JAD2 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My steering rack blew two weeks into my having the car. Then the transmission started leaking. Then I had to have my rotors and pads replaced at 19,ooo (a VERY common, and expensive, problem for the Focus). I've heard I have this to look forward to every year. This morning my calipers got stuck and melted my brakes. Too many problems in too short a time.

Shoddy Brakes
By Sybilicious on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was very disappointed to find out Ford makes lightweight rotors designed to be replaced with EVERY brake job. I've never had to replace rotors on a car before, as long as I changed the pads early enough to forstall any brake problems, but the Ford Focus rotors are junk! Go buy some decent rotors and pads from NAPA auto supply, and use those instead- they will perform better and last longer than the dealership parts. Ford Focuses (Foci?) are not built to last. A prime example of built-in planned obsolescence. I am also disappointed in how fast the resale value plummeted.

IN SHOP TOO MUCH
By focusboy on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has been in the shop almost 6 times already for paint coming off the car just stalling out stereo always turining off steering not responding and still it is a piece of junk it always acts up every day i have a new problem that i notice its either the engine making a noise or something not working.

2002 Focus SE Sedan
By Stix on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2002 Focus SE sedan with automatic. It's very comfortable, easy to drive, fairly good on gas and the power is sufficient (but could increased for better overtaking ability). It has been reliable with no repairs needed yet. Rear seat access and room is good and a child car seat fits there easily. The trunk is large with lots of space, a low liftover and flat floor. Build quality seems very good. Fairly low noise at highway speeds.

Great Bargain, Great Car!
By ccwizz on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2000 black ZTS. No problems thus far, great handling and feel to it!

Well worth the money.
By New Jersey on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very satisfied with my Focus. The car has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive. It feels safe and confident and is tight and feels larger than it is.

Focus on this
By Puddin on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchase this car ( my second ). I have heard some horror stories about the focus. I love my car. I bought it brand new off showroom floor. The brakes squealed for awhile, but it stopped after two days. It turn heads due to the new color of Light Tundra. It looks grey at night, but it's light green( teal looking ). ^he Cd/Mp3 is great to be factory installed.

fun to drive
By andrew99 on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

pretty good. very stable, better than most japanese cars. not enough power though.

Not What You Expect
By monkey0305 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has not been a pleasant one. Three weeks after I purchased my Focus, it broke down. I came to find out that the stick shift had come loose while I was driving it. If you are planning on purchasing this car for a family, especially with small children, I would advise against it. The interior has very little room for taller people. If you have a child that is in a rear facing car seat, be aware that the passenger or driver will have limited space. Another thing I have found wrong with this car is its many blind spots. I have had numerous close calls with other cars due to the lack of veiwing space out the windows.