2002 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2002 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I love my Ford Focus
By loretta stein on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first thing I noticed about my Ford Focus was how solid it feels. I owned an Oldsmobile Achieva previously and loved it. The Focus feels as solid as the Olds. The steering base is small and it takes corners easily. The design inside and out is outstanding! I love this car!

my focus
By jose nieves on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My brakes worned out quickly and I don't think for a new car brakes going out so quickly is safe for anyone. Also its a slow car at first but then it picks up.

2002 Focus Review
By Leroy on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle is very reliable and has a much better ride than I thought when I purchased it. The engine is quite petty and allows you to transition into highway traffic quite easily. The fuel economy is very good too. I plan to buy another one this year.

gr8 car luv it holla
By bucdawg89 on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is great it has great performance from 0-60 is bout 9 sec great for that lil car, but it also is great on gas. i have saved a fortune on gas! hip-hip-horray.

$160 for a new KEY
By Qix on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car in 9/2003 as a lease return. It's been a good car thus far, save the flat tire, or the bad seat belts, the arm rest coming apart, and last but not least the $160 new key.

LX Sedan Review for Ford Focus 2003 je
By jellenmsu on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my purchase. The Focus was recommended to me from a friend of mine who had one. You feel safe in it. Fuel economy is great, especially with rising gas prices. It is fun to drive. It has a smooth ride. My only concern is that when it initially came out Consumer Reports rated it very highly. Later, it lower its ratings because of its realiability and customer satisfaction.

They could have had a winner!!
By nodriveslow on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford could have a winner if it would abide by its own slogan "Quality is Job #1" I've had a water leak through the windshield that necessitated a new carpet being ordered. Gas mileage is atrocious. I've had quite a few other annoyances, but by far the worst happened last week. I only have 10,500 miles on it and the dealer just told me that I need new brakes on all 4 wheels!! After doing some research, I found a web site: www.fordfocusbrakeproblem.com That says it all. You know there is a problem when a site has had over 60,000 views. There also was a class action suit filed in California. I called Ford to no avail.

Focus, My Experience.
By Craig3500 on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 45,000 miles on the 2002 Focus SE 4 Door Sedan I have it regularly serviced and have not had a major problem to date. The Focus is not that bad of a car if you are on a budget. I would not pay over 13K for a Focus under any circumstance. It would be a great student car, either for a college or high school student. The Focus definitely has limitations, size of course is one thing, but for a compact it isn't that bad. I'm a big guy (6'3, 250) so a Focus is a bit small for me, but I can manage. Other limitations is power. Fuel Economy is very good, I don't have the exact MPG, but its low 30s MPG.

As Comfortable As Airline Seats
By jcscratch on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We had a 2002 Focus Sedan. There are some nice things about it: lots of power, handles nice, great stereo. But, this car was not meant to be driven by anyone over 5'10". I'm 6'3" and hated it! The seat is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat in. And when you pushed it back to get leg room, the steering wheel was at a full arms length away! Also: our power steering pump and "rack" were shot after 36,000 miles. Makes me wonder what else is wrong with these cars.

2002 Ford Focus
By Francies on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, I used to owen Honda (accord), Toyota (corolla), Subaru (legacy). The price and preformance, build quality is much better for this car