2002 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Can't beat the price
By alantpool on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent vehicle for those that enjoy driving, comfort, and style. Comfortable seats and almost anyone can find a comfortable seating position, I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'5" and we both enjoy driving the car and find it very comfortable.

Great car so far...
By Dingle on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car 2 weeks ago and been having fun ever since. Sporty looking and great driving. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the car yet - not even a dust blemish on the paint. It drives like my in-laws' Mercedes C180 Sport (German model): solid driving experience, just needs more power and low-end torque. MPG haven't been close to EPA specs, but I haven't spent much time cruising on the freeway.

Fun Car - Great Value
By Steveinorange on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus ZX5 or 3 is the best value for your money. I've had it a little over a month and I can't complain. I test drove one with an automatic trans and found the manual is by far the better choice. The auto is too sluggish with a small engine. My ZX5 came with leather seats, sunroof, antilock brakes, power windows, door locks etc., all for under $14,000 with dealer discounts and mfg rebates. The ride is ok, but you have to remember, this is not a Grand Marquis, it is a small car. The ride is just as good or better than other small cars. It's fun to drive too.

I love it
By Floci on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have it for 9 months and all I can say is that the Focus is amazing. After 10000 miles with no problems and with a lot of fun both me and my wife are in love with the car. It has the S2 package.

zx3
By kenny s on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car alot. Its fun to drive and handles really well since I had it only 6 weeks. I would definetly recommend this car for somebody who wants to spend between 14 and 15 thousands for a compact car.

Great Car
By roams11 on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been excellent for my weekely trips to work of 200 miles. I have gotten 37 mpg driving the speed limit. Typically at 75-80, I still average 28-30 mpg. The car is quick, responsive and I feel really benefits from the large diameter tires.

Focus better than my new Toyota Matrix
By markregel on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an exceptional car. It's not until we got a new Toyota Matrix (wifes car) that I really appreciate how well if drives and handles. The Matrix is a solid car, but it's no match to the ZX3 when it comes to driving dynamics. The steering response and feedback is outstanding. The Matrix feels refined, but you don't get that feeling of being connected to the road like you do in the Focus. Yes, this car has recalls which makes great reason some to trash it. Ford has issued recalls for even the most trivial problem, how can you fault them for that? All I say to the people trashing this car is "your loss".

Nickle and Dimed to Death
By YellowBananaZX3 on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed my Ford Focus ZX3, but... It has been in the shop every month, for unscheduled repairs, for the last 4 months (three additional times during the year prior). It has left me stranded twice (once in a bad part of detroit). It has proven too unreliable in the long run. I was hoping for 160k like I got in my 91 Ford Escort GT, but it looks like I won't make it past 65k in the focus. This is my last ford purchase, ever. It has just proven too unreliable, and Ford customer service is simply awful.

Focus on Pain
By mafitz1 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an agency car that I drive on trips of at least an hour each way. I have never driven a car with a more uncomfortable driving position. I am by no means unusually tall or short (5'9"), yet there is no way to position the seat where I can comfortably reach the steering wheel without having my knees at my throat. The car has excellent handling and a great stereo, but every time I get out of the car I feel like I need to see a massage therapist. Unless you are prepared to sit in the engine, I would strongly discourage purchasing this car. And that's not even taking into account being the second-ugliest vehicle on the road today!

Ford Rules
By DC02 on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is not your everday Ford. People always try to say that Fords are bad cars and make up lies because Ford has a lot of recalls, but every other car maker has them also. You just never hear about them, and people don't make a big deal about them. But anyway, the Focus is awesome. The hadeling is great, the ride is smooth, and the style is totally diffrent than any other car out there, and that is what appeals to me. You won't be dissapointed if you buy one, just go take one for a spin!