2002 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
still kicking
By coltsmania on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

good car. I have had no problems and I am happy with it. I reccomend this car. but resale value is bad. but it is a ford.

2 Year Update
By urlacher_fan54 on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my zts about 2 years ago and am still pretty happy with it. If you are looking for a cheap car, this is a great option. Overall it is still a nice car. One of my rim caps fell off ($20). My dealership didn't send me my extended warranty papers and when I went to my dealership I got the run around. My front passenger speaker is blown and my stereo sometimes (rarely, only 3 times in the 2 years I've had it) shuts off when pushing the buttons in the middle where it disconnects. The center console was not made well and doesn't latch well anymore. I'm thinking about taking my car in to fix some of these problems but not looking forward to it.

As Fun to Drive as they say
By psendab on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2002 Focus ZTS is as fun to drive as they say it is! It corners great and has fairly good acceleration. This has been a great car for a family of 4. We have two young kids and they fit well, including taking one of their Grandmothers with us at times. The trunk is surprisingly roomy and holds enough luggage for a week long road trip. We have had no mechanical problems and only one repair due to a missing retainer on the inner wheel well trim.

Ford's quality issues continue
By fcsdrvr on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had hoped by giving Ford a couple of years to get it right they would address there quality issues. I will not buy a another Ford product unless there is >30% price advantage over competing vehicles. If you buy your vehicle get a Civic at least it is still worth something after 3 years. When are they going to learn that without producing quality products the consumer will not return.

15 miles to the gallon?
By Marty Richie on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a dealer and bought my Focus the year they came out so I have no one to blame but me for buying it. First off it is very noisy and the belt squeaks every time i start it. The doors lock while the motor is running(Not good with kids in the car seats) and last but not least 200 miles to the tank! That is horrible considering it is rated in the 30's on highway. I am a sales manager at Honda now and everytime I look at it i just want to set it on fire and call my agent. buyer be ware.

2002 Focus SE
By Octoborn on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this vehicle and am pleased with its performance. It has an excellent sound system, and an appealing interior design.

Love this little car !
By Davoid on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

European overtones won us over. Bought lightly used with special rims, suspension, trim, CD. Great on gas. big trunk, good rear cabin space... Fun to drive.

A good unfinished product
By ChuckPep on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Focus SE-Sport sedan is a practical, spacious and enjoyable car. However, Ford did not "push the envelope" when delivering this car in 2000. The fit and finish are probably the biggest problem: materials are of ok quality but various parts are not well adjusted. The Ztec engine provides sufficient power for this class but it's too noisy and has low fuel efficiency considering it's only a 2.0 litre. Still, I enjoy my Focus very much and am looking forward to the next generation due to appear later this year.

Fun little car, with a kick
By silvermach2002 on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my focus for about 8 months and I have to say that it is the best car I have ever owned. It may not be a $35,000 turbo all-wheel drive Audi or Subaru but for $10,000 it is a great car. Mine is the limited edition MACH audio, and the sound system is awesome! It has HID headlights and the interior is very comfortable, even for a 6'3" person. I have had very little go wrong in 20,000 miles with this car. The biggest thing was.....O ya, nothing!! It does need new tires, but I am hard on them and they do have 32,000 miles on them. So if you want a reliable, well built car that wonÂ’t cause you to file bankruptcy, the Focus if for you!

Love my Focus!
By kristafied on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great! Fun to drive, lots of goodies, plenty of pep, especially with the manual transmission and Zetec engine. I recommend it to anyone!