2002 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Commuter Car
By ming1 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a 2002 Maxima SE. I was suprised by how little I miss it. The Focus is a great commuter car that's fun to drive.

Focus on style
By Thomeyboy on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome ride, was very critical, and was impressed. the smooth handling,a nd comfortable interior sold me on the vehicle. Not to mention the great economy!

THIS IS MY SECOND FOCUS
By dogboy2140 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Focus. I got the Sony Edition 4-door-sedan in 2000, and had such a great experience with it that when I decided that I wanted more room, I opted NOT to get an SUV. I LOVED my car but wanted more space, a sunroof (not an option in 2000), and the ability to listen to more than 1 CD. I know that there have been recalls on the Focus in the past, but my new one was NOT part of any of them so far. Now if they only made a convertible version.....

So far....love it
By TCT on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far love the car.....liquid gray ZX5 Premium with automatic.

I love my Focus!!
By Tammers35 on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Sentra, Civic, Rio, Echo, and Accent before the Focus. The Civic and Sentra were a slightly highter quality, but MUCH higher in price for the same options that ZX5 had standard. The others didn't even offer all the options I wanted (automatic power everything & cruise)at any price. I would have bought this car even without the year end clearance price. It's fun to drive, handles great, has just enough power, and is EASY to park!

Nice Car...fun to drive!
By kondich on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have only put 1,000 miles on this car in a little less than a month. I have been very happy with this car having previously owned a 2000 Ford Contour. This Focus ZX5 is getting better to drive each day as the engine continues to break in. I would also like to add that this car handles very well.

UNFOCUSED
By FADED FOCUS on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is junk. In order to vent the car with outside air, you have to open the windows, otherwise you get engine fumes. For a compact/economy car the mileage is terrible. If you are on freeways that travel over 55 miles per hour, the fuel mileage drops exponentially. When you reach sixty miles per hour, the engine just has no extra guts. Not one of Ford's better ideas. The Focus basically sucks!!!

ZX3 B FUN!
By zx3dynamo on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In a nutshell, this little car has quite a lot going for it. It's a zippy little economy car that falls dangerously close to a low end sport car. It hugs the road and I have yet to lose traction in the rain. It takes a while to get used to the "snapple cap" turn signal but all in all, the car is worth every dollar.

WOW!
By jmtrainfan on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a neat little car! I went down to look for a Taurus, and came home with a ZX5. I am impressed with the ride and drive for such a small car. Really a lot of fun to drive. I think it's the most comfortable small car I've tried. I really like the exterior styling.

love it
By had 6 months on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

had 6 months without any problems at all. decent engine, excellent handling, great hatchback design, great stereo, good mileage. everything seems to work well and intelligently together. can't say enough good things about this car.