2002 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

SVT 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (49 reviews )
2002 Ford Focus SVT
By Neil Johnson on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Wonderful short throw shifter makes for exciting crusing around town in start/stop situations. Winter package matches need for block heater with the need for heated seats (now my equivalant of air conditioning in summer). Great performance on highway, quiet and smooth even well above speed limit, as expected on a car with this background. I added tinting to the rear windows, which sharpens the stock appearance. This car has the versitility of a hatchback, and includes a storage cover for secure storage behind the rear seats. The rear seat bases fold forward, allowing the rear seat to fold flat if additional capacity is required.

Pocket Rocket
By YellowMenace on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When the Focus' first came out, all I could say was yuck! I got to drive one of the first one but was not impressed. But somehow since the release of the SVT it struck me. It just needed a facelift and more power. When I saw the SVT I fell in love. It was a hot little car. I have found out that others think the same. Even though it has a 170hp engine, It is still a long ways from its bigger brothers the Lightning and Cobra. Don't get me wrong, it is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven, but with a super or turbo charger this car would fly! Next year we are going to put in a Supercharger. WRX and Mustangs watch out!

Fun to dirve
By Otrow71 on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking to trade in my SUV for something more fun to drive and that got better gas mileage. So far I am nothing but impressed with the car, as it is super fun to drive and has great styling and gets good gas mileage. I even have a C5 Corvette in the garage, and I would rather drive this car day in day out. Bottom line is that this is a great sports car, before you even consider the great price.

The best sport compact car ever built!
By Elliot Grout on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My sonic blue SVT Focus is an amazing machine. The tuned header leading into the throaty exhuast sounds perfect. The 6 speed Getrag transmission is geared for sporty driving, never leaving you in the low rpm dumps. The styling gets looks, but only from people who know what it is. The insurance is cheap, and my payments won't break the bank. Overall a great car for the money, and there isn't another car out there that can hold a candle to it's handling prowess. Just read the magazine articles, and you'll soon agree.

Smokin' !!!
By USN on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just took delivery of Black/Black w/Blue inserts. Didn't think I could get this much performance from what started as a compact. I have no complaints: outstanding acceleration, particularly in lower rpm range. The cornering and braking are go-kart like! I really like the interior materials and layout; very comfortable and supportive seats, even in the rear. Great visability too. The optional CD sound system is the best I have ever heard. I originally thought about purchasing a Vibe/Matrix. They are very good also; but if you are out for a performance ride, the SVT is better in almost every area.

The truth
By ger1 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It has been everything I been looking for and then some. The car drives, handles and brakes like a car costing thousands more. It most definatly gives you the feeling that you can pull off moves that you normally wouldn't with lower performing vehicles. As far as features and amenities go, I feel that you have more than you could possibly ask for in a pocket rocket. Leather trimmed seats, 6-disc changer in dash, power driver seat, heated mirrors and a keyless entry are features that never used to appear on cars in this class. Overall, it's a tight package that is not going to be easy for the competition to beat.

The Only Hot Hatch
By Sonic SVT on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car! SVT has outdone themselves! This car blows away the Matrix XRS, and the new Civic Si (and I am a Honda fan!). Definitely worth the extended wait for delivery. Audiophile stereo system is better than any stock system I have ever heard. I can't believe I'm driving a hatchback! This car wants to be driven fast. I would recommend it for anyone with a boring commute who wants an affordable rocket. I get more looks in this car than in my modded 97 Honda Prelude.

How can Ford make money selling this car
By mcolej on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you are in the market for a "Hot Hatch" look no further. 170 hp of usable power in a four cylinder until now did not exist. Ford's SVT team has done it. My previous car was a ZTS that I had turned into a good looking and performing economy car with a few simple modifications, but it can't compare to the SVT. The ZTS is a very nice car don't get me wrong, but for $3500 more you can get an elite vehicle that is unmatched in its segment. The only trick is getting one, they are only supplying 7500 to the american market. Good Luck!

DO NOT READ EDITORS REVIEW FOR SVT!!!!!!
By SVTease on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First off if you look at the reviews for the SVT FOcus they list the same info for the base Focus, which is a great car but nowhere near the level of the SVT. I just got mine a week ago and it is unbelievable. She's fast, nimble and sexy. I can't believe how many people just stop and stare at this car. This car is the total package: styling, power, suspension, accessories (cd,leather,moonroof, etc), EVERYTHING!!!