2002 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
ZTW Wagon= A great value
By xpis on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2002 ZTW wagon is now going on 12,200 miles in seven months. So far we have had no problems. None. Zip. Gas mileage has been 27.3 mpg (11.63km/liter) for the past 10 thousand miles. On our one long trip (Chicago to Boston and back) we got 32 at 75 mph. 4 wheel anti lock brakes work fine as does the advance trac the one time I tested it on snow and ice in a vacant parking lot. Hope I never need it. It holds two bicycles, easily, with the front wheels still on. Sound system is good, the car is comfortable, handles well and reliable. We're pleased with it and would recommend the 02's a and later.

Couple of bugs but a good car.
By GCM on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I am pleased with this car, but I have had a couple of annoying bugs to work out. It handles well, especially in snow, is fun to drive, and the wagon is especially versatile with lots of space for cargo and people. I did have the problem of water leaking in the passenger side, and the floor mat pulled out of the trim, but Ford took care of it promptly. The doors constantly locking is a bit annoying, and the seats are somewhat uncomfortable on a long drive for my 6'1" 190lb frame. (The padding digs into the back of my legs.) The design is well considered and stylish, but the build quality is poor. Overall value is still pretty good.

shopping again after only 1 year
By sooosorry on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been an enormous disappointment. It's spent almost 3 weeks at the dealer's service facility. We've had new rear suspension, new tires, new ignition module (twice--the dealer installed the wrong one the first time, which meant no brake lights!). Now the "recirculate" feature on the climate control won't work and the "emission system" light is on. Back to another service appt. tomorrow. I'm ready to bag it.

Will overlook first trip to the shop...
By Rita on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Sure didn't think I'd have to have the fuel pump and sender replaced at 1600 miles. Now at 2700 miles I'm still waiting for the advertised mpg to kick in. This is my first Ford so I have to admit my expectations aren't that high. The rear view mirror was stuck and the exterior molding started to peel away in week one. Ford has since fixed these things. I'm hoping for no future problems to sour me because I do enjoy driving this fun little car. I can feel the difference when the Advance-Trac takes over. Handling feels safe I just hope I don't get hit ; this car will surely crunch.I don't plan on keeping it much longer after the warranties expire.

Too much gas for a new car.
By Lord on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good Car, elegant, beautiful,confort,but consuption of fuel is more than the expect on a new car.

Fun to drive junk
By Jack99 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although the Focus is a fun drive (even the wagon), the image of poor quality is well deserved. At less than 1 year old (15000 miles), the paint has started to flake away on the plastic bumper cover and a short in the wiring left us without any external lights except headlights. Basic servicing is horrible given that the oil filter is on the back side of the engine and impossible to remove without oil dripping on the CV boot, down frame members and all over the floor.

A treat to drive
By focussed on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had a single problem with my focus. So far, I love everything about it. It has plenty of power, thoughtful extras, and TONS of space!

Feels like an import!
By nguyen on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car a week ago and overall very impressed with the car. It drives very smooth and feels very solid. The Zetec engine is very quiet and smooth with lots of torque. Acceleration is very smooth and doesn't feel as powerfull due to how quiet the engine sounds and feel. If there is anything negative about the car would be the quality of the finishing due to the fitting of the plastic trim and possibly the quality control as I just had a wheel alignment at 300 Miles.

Nice Car
By Trafalgar72 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I picked a Focus over a Civic despite all warnings by friends, and I am glad I stuck with my choice, the only complaint I have is that you can feel the car pitching side to side in steep turns around 20 mph. I like the styleing, but it could be improved. I suggest this car, but I would go for the 130 hp, if I were to to redecide. It handles great, and test drive one if you get a chance. I hear that American cars have bad reliability and that fords have bad transmissions but I , hope and think my Focus will hold up.

Party Wag
By weakside on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Perfect balance of economy, luxury, sportiness, and fun. You can't beat the ZTW for its price. It'll hold more cargo than many small and mid-size SUV's and get 30 mpg on the highway. And somehow, you end up having nearly the same view from the driver's seat. It rides quite high for a small car. I can't wait for its first road trip. It's just a fun car to drive.