2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Awesome car
By Mikebrawn1 on 03/02/02 09:46 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It is fast and fun to drive. I was unsure about what it could do, but was forced to find out when a car pulled out in front of me on the freeway. I swerved hard and the car held (at 75 mph). Since I have pushed the card more (at lower speeds) and have been very pleased about the car.

Made in USA?
By John or Juan on 03/01/02 20:03 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently at a local Ford dealer, who had a huge selection of Focus automobiles, and not one was "made in the USA" : all arrived...legally...from south of the border. That aside, the Focus appears to be very well built and a solid performer overall.

Better Than A Civic, For Less Money
By rob217 on 02/26/02 23:32 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, you cna't beat it. Fun to drive, good on gas. I lowered my car 2" & it made a world of differance(New Springs). The rides a little stiffer than normal, but get it on twisty road & it's worth every penny. Also, a K&N Filter helps a little with the power.

ZTW Wagon with a manual? You bet!
By lerust on 02/26/02 22:13 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Yes, you can get a ZTW with a manual! For some reason American manufacturer's insist comfort = no pulse. After some searching, they found my manual-shift ZTW Wagon and it's great. Sure, it's no dragster but it's powerful enough to get in trouble. The seats are uber-comfortable and supportive, even for a tall guy (6' 3"). Good sound, sharp steering and compliant around town ride. I drove about everything in this market segment and, with a manual, the Focus ZTW wagon is solid.

2002 Ford Focus ZX5
By JK on 02/26/02 15:31 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had the car long and so I have no problems with it at all. It is a lot of car for the money and is a great little hatch. Fun to drive, but still practical, and a lot of bang for the buck.