2002 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Dissatisfied
By unhappy on 04/16/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission started slipping at 20,000 miles. Tires worn out by 30K. Transmission now leaking fluid. Low gas mileage.

Beware of brakes!
By megan teut on 01/12/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

BE WARNED! This is a great car, but what the dealer won't tell you about is the "brake" factor. Ford uses a softer rotor that is designed to wear with the brake. So, every time you get your brakes done you also need new rotors. Even worse is that the brakes only last between 17,000 and 20,000 miles. So, if are going to purchase a Focus, be prepared to spend an additional $500-$1000 almost every year for new brakes.

What a lemon!
By Stuck With It on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have had over 12 warranty repairs. Particulary with the right wheel arm. It does not handle well on snow and almost killed me and my children. I have replaced 6 tires and have paid a huge amount of money in rental fees. Thanks alot FORD Not..

Dadmobile
By Dadmobile on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is our second Focus, First was 4dr se, love the performance handling and have not had any problmes at 49000 miles. I love the space and design, have the telescoping wheel with speed control,

I love this car!
By Major on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just raved about this car for the first two weeks I had it. I still love it just as much. (How can you really "love" a car)? The independent rear suspension adds a lot to the ride and handling. The car came standard with everything I wanted. Somedays I get up and think of someplace to go just so I can get to drive my Focus wagon. There are so many nice things about this car.

2002 FORD Focus Wagon
By REDRANGER55418 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car handles really well. Sometimes the speed gets away from you when you are trying to merge onto the freeway.

Fun little car for most seasons
By Lyzardo on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, and well thought out interior. The traction control is great to have in MN winters. Although I thought the rear seat leg room was supposed to be decent, it really isn't. Don't plan on driving too many adults in the back seat for very long. The only real problems I have had so far are a "check engine" light on for no apparent reason at 18,000 miles, and problems with the tires. The stock tires on the ZTW just aren't too good for wet and/or snowy roads. I'll be replacing them as soon as I can. I'm thankful I have traction control, or the tires would be next to worthless in the winter.

Garbage
By herodotus66 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Do not buy a focus ztw wagon. I have had nothing but trouble with the engine and transmission, with no help from the dealer. Avoid this car like SARS.

Great family car
By nj reviewer on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so versatile as a family vehicle. It has as much cargo space as most SUVs and it is far more economical to run. The roof racks and large trunk make any vacation or camping trip a breeze. The ride is quiet yet firm and it is great fun to drive. I am impressed with the general build quality of this vehicle (a definite improvement for Ford). Another plus is the excellent sound system that comes standard and the handy storage bins and cupholders provided.

Cool Car
By MustangFan2005 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Ford Focus came out only 3 years ago and now its almost the most popular car. I like it very much, its a great,raliable car. And I'd recommend everyone to buy it. Thank you Ford for Focus.