Used 2002 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Now I know
By Nicole

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car when it was 4 years old and had 30K miles. It drove nice at first,looked okay,and gas mileage is great.It has been nothing but problems since. The AC has gone out 4 or 5 times,each time Ford sent their dealership defective parts to replace the AC.Finally they sent a part that looks like its going to work.Then the alternator went out at 80,000 miles.It also had to be replaced twice because Ford sent a bad part the first time.We've put more money into this car than its even worth. The gas mileage is ok. Maybe ford should focus on building quality vehicles.Now I know to NEVER , EVER buy a Ford vehicle again.

Great Car!!
By thinkr047

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car! I bought this car brand new in 2002. I have had 3 fairly major wrecks in this car and it held up extremely well and kept me protected! I have had to replace a few things here and there but so far nothing major. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and I will be purchasing a new Focus in 2012 when the new design comes out!

Moonroof, Cruise, Gentle Ride, Reliability, Gas Usage, Price.

A bit more powerful engine...but I believe the Focus coming out in 2012 will have this.

2002 Ford Focus
By Christine

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but great reliability with my 2002 Focus ZTS. I still have the factory battery in it, ac works great, great on gas, I can always depend on this car to get me where I need to go. Oil always gets changed on a regular basis, regular check ups and it has been going. I'm no mechanic but the money that I have put into this car is just maintenance that you do for your car to keep running. The only thing that has not worked since I purchased it was the drivers side windshield wiper.

Power Windows

Would Not Do It Again
By Robert

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing but problems with this car since I purchased it new in 2002. General frame problems at first - the front passenger floor leaked excessively, had to be repaired.Twice it has overheated, needed temperature gauge replaced, and of course the entire cooling system needed flushed. Within the past few years I've had approximately $2,000 in repairs (including problem above, as well as transmission problems, motor coil problems, all in addition to regular routine maintenance-tune ups, oil changes). Mostly the car has been used to drive to/from work, and around town, very few long trips. Now-138,000 miles,and it's basically dead (unless I fork out another $2k in repairs). Fed up!

Comfortable, good mileage, large trunk.

Build a better car. My escort before this last over 150,000 miles and counting, never had a problem.

Great little car
By Bernie

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over 5 years now and it's been overall a great experience. The car has over 82,000 miles now and I still get over 29 miles per gallon and the engine still runs strong. never had a problem with it other than a faulty spark plug, but that is maintenance. one and two year old domestic cars are the way to go!! you get a new car at a fraction of the cost.

fuel economy, comfortable seats, quality of cloth, ice cold a/c (even at 82000 miles). great turning ratio and perfect size (for a family of 4)

body color door handles and break away side mirrors would have been nice.