2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
What a joke!
By unhappycamper on 03/14/02 00:54 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus for 11 months. During this time, it has been in the shop for a total of 28 days. I had the engine replaced at 8,000 miles because of an internal coolant leak that contaminated the oil. I have had three sets of brakes put on it. The computer solenoids that control the emissions system have been replaced. And last but not least the gas cap was defective and had to be replaced. I am in the process of working with the selling dealer to buy it back as a lemon. This will be my last Ford!!!

SWEET CAR
By MaterialBoi21 on 03/11/02 13:34 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car handles great ... altough compaired to the VW Jetta it rides a little rough

My First New Car
By Scott Findley on 03/10/02 20:26 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car, and was the "weekend special" found in the newspaper. Listed at 11,400 in the paper, which included 1400 in rebates. The 400-dollar college rebate did not apply to me, so I got it at 11,800. I was amazed at how easy the sale was. All the staff there were extremely helpful, and went out of their way to make it as painless as possible.

Value for $
By MelD on 03/09/02 18:58 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford could do a better job of the quality of its workmanship. My car had a badly fitted fog lamp which the dealer replaced for no charge. There was also a slight wobble in the right rear wheel since I bought the car. The defect was a miss aligned wheel. However the service manager at the dealer accused me of driving the car over a pot hole and thus the damage. Had to shell out $37 for the repair. The car however is fun to drive and has a lot of zip in it. Good value for the money.

2002 ZTS
By sanjosezts on 03/09/02 05:39 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2002 Focus ZTS for $17K out the door (MSRP on mine was $19,840), and could not be happier. I ended up with a great looking and handling car that has leather, moonroof, 6 disc in dash changer, ABS/Traction control, side airbages, and 16 inch wheels. No, it is not fast, but the handling is so tight I hardly notice. I have over 5,000 miles so far, and have not had one issue. Quality is great, car feels very solid, with no squeaks or rattles so far.

Go Focus
By sebastian on 03/08/02 16:45 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car for those who understands the saying: It's not how fast you go but how well/fun it goes fast. Despite the body movement during turns Foci handles very very well.

ZX5-Focus Great Buy
By Pedro J. Estrada on 03/07/02 21:55 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought a Ford Focus. The ZX5 model 4 door hatch-back and its a good bargain. The 6 cd changer is a plus, takes very good sharp corners and the moon-roof comes standard. Its probably the best small car Ford has come up with the recent years. When comparing it to the Toyota Matrix and the Pontiac Vibe they are both more expensive and do not come as well equiped as the Focus.

Not what its made out to be
By charlie on 03/05/02 10:45 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car in the shop more than in my driveway. I have had two recalls already and the car had to be brought back in because of very poor gas mileage, tranning problems as well as problems with the engine. certainly not a good buy.

Great Car
By tr on 03/04/02 23:37 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great handling, fuel economy and value for money.

Excellent car
By Johnny23 on 03/04/02 20:21 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Driving my ZTS auto for over a month now. What a great car. Not a single problem to report. Handles great, plenty of room and fuel economy above average. What other car could you get for $14200 ($100 over invoice, with $1500 rebate)with abs, cd, full power, tilt/teles wheel, cruise, fog lights, 16" alloys spoiler!!