2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my ZX5
By John_mc70 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been very happy with my ZX5 so far. I bought it because of the the great ride and handling. It is a lot of fun to drive. I'm very happy with the exterior looks and I think the quality of the interior materials are top rate. The 2002 interior is a big improvement over the 2001. My only complaints are that it is a little loud on the highway and I don't think the ZX5 drivers seat is that comfortable.

Lot of car for 11 Grand
By etubrutus on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Too many recalls for small petty things. Nothing major or safety related. Build quality only rated a 7 because of it. Interior has enough room for all 6'3" 240 lbs of me. Rear area hauls as much of my stuff as I want. Car handles great, which helps to overcome the desire to go faster. I like the ZX3 because the door openings are huge and the A-pillar doesn't hit me in the shoulder.

Great Car
By firecrew1 on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Street edition in blue. I haven't had any problems and now have 17000 miles.

sexy
By PattiThePotato on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sexy car for a great price. I had many friends rudely tell me I made a wrong choice and that I should have bought a honda civic. Well, how can I? I bought it, so I must deal with it - so quick complaining! It's not your car!! Anyway! :) Besides the breaking, everything is fine. Generally, the car is noisy when stopping. Although the breaks do not squeak, I can hear from underneath my car each little push I make on the pedel.

FOCUS ZTS!
By Ryanbrogz on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September and i have done nothing but fall in love with it, we got so many discounts on the car, the post sept 11 0% financing...the X plan, which gets the price a little under invoice, then a 400$ college grad coupon...we got the car that had a sticker of about 18 grand down to 15....i love the car, its quick, its nimble, its everything you would want for under 20 grand...i got a Wings West Thruster style spoiler on the back and it looks beautiful

DO NOT READ EDITORS REVIEW FOR SVT!!!!!!
By SVTease on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First off if you look at the reviews for the SVT FOcus they list the same info for the base Focus, which is a great car but nowhere near the level of the SVT. I just got mine a week ago and it is unbelievable. She's fast, nimble and sexy. I can't believe how many people just stop and stare at this car. This car is the total package: styling, power, suspension, accessories (cd,leather,moonroof, etc), EVERYTHING!!!

Focus ZX3
By bchicky on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the FocusZX3 in Nov of 2001 it has been a soso car, but when I went to have my oil changed at 6000 miles (not by ford) the shop told me my transmission was almost out of oil most likely because in production they barely put any in, they filled it up free of charge,im glad to I was taking a trip to Frisco that weekend and surely my transmission would have burned out. I owned a VKSBeetle before and that car had more power and better steering than this car. Overall I give it a 7

In the shop with only 200 miles!
By slvrzts on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I like the car you get for the money. I have the ZTS with everything but leather. In the first week I had it in the shop to have the airbag computer replaced! The next week I was having trouble getting it into fourth gear. So in the shop again! Turns out it was the spring for shifting it into reverse had broken somehow and was blocking fourth gear. Anyone else having these problems? I like the car just not enthused about the defects already. Chose this over a civic coupe and am now having second thoughts.

A treat to drive
By focussed on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had a single problem with my focus. So far, I love everything about it. It has plenty of power, thoughtful extras, and TONS of space!

Feels like an import!
By nguyen on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car a week ago and overall very impressed with the car. It drives very smooth and feels very solid. The Zetec engine is very quiet and smooth with lots of torque. Acceleration is very smooth and doesn't feel as powerfull due to how quiet the engine sounds and feel. If there is anything negative about the car would be the quality of the finishing due to the fitting of the plastic trim and possibly the quality control as I just had a wheel alignment at 300 Miles.