2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2002 focus x5
By rockinit on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is a new car, have had it a couple weeks, and find it to be a very good driver, fun,even. Instrument placement is good, stereo w/6cd a no charge bonus. My only negative comment, and caveat to future buyers, is to check the upholstery for bad seam work. Day two, I noticed that the upper back seat back, had a 3 inch defect in the upper corner seaming, i could place three fingers in the hole, so beware of the stitch work. Personally i didnt sign off on the purchase order until the dealer orderred a new seat cover for the rear upper seat. This they did reluctantly, hopefully thats the only gremlin to be found.We like the car very much!

The truth
By ger1 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It has been everything I been looking for and then some. The car drives, handles and brakes like a car costing thousands more. It most definatly gives you the feeling that you can pull off moves that you normally wouldn't with lower performing vehicles. As far as features and amenities go, I feel that you have more than you could possibly ask for in a pocket rocket. Leather trimmed seats, 6-disc changer in dash, power driver seat, heated mirrors and a keyless entry are features that never used to appear on cars in this class. Overall, it's a tight package that is not going to be easy for the competition to beat.

Fabulous Quality!
By Katsb579 on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

fantastic! this car has been perfect and i couldn't have asked for anything better! the performance is absolutely wonderful!

Very pleased with my selection
By urlacher_fan on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a month and I love it. I like the style of my car. When you drive a focus you can feel great control of the road that you possess. My only after thought is that I should have looked at a hyundai elantra, for the price I paid I probably could've got a loaded elantra gt. My only problem with the elantra is that in my opinion it didn't look as nice as my Focus. Also I went from a 90 grand prix w/3.1 v6 to this focus and i've noticed the difference in power. However compared to the cavalier and the zx2 my zetec is much better. All in all the focus is fun to drive and comfortable in the inside.

Focusing on the Focus
By ajl on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the Focus. I am not a fan of domestic cars, so this should tell you something. The European flavor of the Focus comes through. The handling is excellent for a cheap, FWD car, the ride is pretty decent. Build quality is surprisingly solid for a Ford and no squeaks or rattles in 10,000 miles . I do mainly highway driving, so I get about 28mpg steady. The seats are comfortable. The car is not bad on the highway, but it is kind of buzzy at times. Not nearly as bad as the Dodge Neon, but not as smooth as a Honda. If you love to drive and your pocketbook doesn't allow a BMW (as mine doesn't) the ZX-3 Focus is your small car.

My Focus is a lemmon
By Wayne Hill on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only 7000 miles on it and it's been in for repairs three weeks and counting. The engine shutdown and would not start. Towed in. Two weeks in shop. Three days later. Same thing. Towed in. Ford stopped paying for my car rental. Now I have no car to drive. Last Ford I will buy.

The Only Hot Hatch
By Sonic SVT on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car! SVT has outdone themselves! This car blows away the Matrix XRS, and the new Civic Si (and I am a Honda fan!). Definitely worth the extended wait for delivery. Audiophile stereo system is better than any stock system I have ever heard. I can't believe I'm driving a hatchback! This car wants to be driven fast. I would recommend it for anyone with a boring commute who wants an affordable rocket. I get more looks in this car than in my modded 97 Honda Prelude.

ROBERTO'S TOY
By roberto sanchez on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I AM VERY PLESE WITH THE VEHICLE. IT HAS A GREAT PERFORMANCE. I GET 30 MPG ON HIGHWAY. THIS IS A GREAT FIRST CAR FOR ANYONE. I BOUGHT IT FOR MY 15 YRS. SON AND HE ENJOY THE HANDLING AND THE STYLE. GREAT LITTLE CAR. THE RROFLINE IS EXCELLENT. I AM 6FT TALL AND I COULD LOOK OUT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM.

Fun to drive junk
By Jack99 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although the Focus is a fun drive (even the wagon), the image of poor quality is well deserved. At less than 1 year old (15000 miles), the paint has started to flake away on the plastic bumper cover and a short in the wiring left us without any external lights except headlights. Basic servicing is horrible given that the oil filter is on the back side of the engine and impossible to remove without oil dripping on the CV boot, down frame members and all over the floor.

Love my ZX5
By John_mc70 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been very happy with my ZX5 so far. I bought it because of the the great ride and handling. It is a lot of fun to drive. I'm very happy with the exterior looks and I think the quality of the interior materials are top rate. The 2002 interior is a big improvement over the 2001. My only complaints are that it is a little loud on the highway and I don't think the ZX5 drivers seat is that comfortable.