2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Pocket Rocket
By fsovctu0s2 on 12/08/05 22:43 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought as a leftover & paid $15,000. Needed snow tires for N.E. winters. Had 3 alternators, numerous horns, loose heat shields, and car felt like it had lost its snap. Brought to dealer who discovered a broken intake manifold control valve. Part was on backorder so had to wait about 3 weeks. Had rental with extended warranty. When I got the car back it was like new again with the power. Battery light came on day after I came home with it due to a bad connector at alternator. Dealer fixed immediately when I returned. Idle was high but I think the new control valve fixed that. Brakes are awful in the wet. Front brakes replaced @ 40,000 miles & same results. I do love the car but engine light has been on. Great on long trips.

Black Arrow
By Sunny on 09/29/05 15:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun to drive. I never imagined that i would get this kind of performance from a 4 cylinder engine. Just bought it; so far I love this car.

My red rocket
By svtracer on 01/25/05 20:26 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car, it handles and drives like a true rally car. The seat heaters are awesome and great sound system - not too much bass but enough.

SVT Focus
By Russell on 12/27/04 00:30 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

LOVE the car! My first Ford, and it surely wont be my last either!!

Incomparable in Class
By cyberfossil on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Besides a 911, haven't driven a better handling car (magazines compare it to a Boxster's handling). The power off the line is not where it's at unless you drop the clutch at high RPM (bad for your clutch, obviously). It's when you get rolling that you notice the difference. It eats up corners and is quite forgiving. Side air bags are a nice touch. The front seats are pretty good but wished I waited for the Recaros. Excellent ride.

The Sun is Rising in the West
By svtrollin on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Wow, my supercharged zx3 barely nosed out the stock svt. Thats when i knew i had to have one. This car handles as if you are on a rail, not only that it will pull you away from the curb a lot faster then those eastearn pocket rockets.

Sport Compact to the
By rockin' svt focus on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

handles on rails. low torque number, but it doesn't feel taht way. great car, relaible enough for such a car, and so much fun to drive

Great little car
By Brian Kirton on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the best handling I've ever had and the acceleration has long legs. The idle has a problem which the dealer can't repeat. Apart from the horn failing and the cruise control quitting, (loose wire) The dealer has been superb. This car offers a rental car if it needs to be in the shop.

plus and minus of the SVT focus
By imajsdaddy on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There are multiple postive remarks I have for the SVT focus, the car gets up and hauls butt! Fun to drive, awesome features for the $20,000 price tag! 170hp plus 6 gears to play with! Downsides, has been a trouble some car! From valve cover leaking oil, to t-stat housing leaking coolant 2 times. Car has stalled several times for no reason and dealer is unable to diagnos the issue! However Ford continues to service this vehicle as if they were trying to sell me another car (another words works hard to keep it perfect!) Overall this car is amaizing! SVT did a great job designing this sports compact, sorry to see it goign away in 04 though!

Focus SVT: Fun to drive
By progers on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My experience with my Focus has been fantastic. a powerful engine, even in 6th gear, it can move.