2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 120,000 Miles and still drives

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

120,000 Miles and still drives fine
By bigticket42 on

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of gas prices. Bought it with 120,000 miles on it. The car runs great. Good gas mileage, not great but I have the ZTS with the sportier engine in it. I am 6'6" and I have good room. Trunk is good sized but the opening is not big enough. Traction in winter rime is terrible. Need snow tires. Problems are that the fog lights at this time are not working, not sure why. The control module for the traction control and ABS is out so I have to manually pump brakes until I get it fixed. Other than that it is a good economy car. Probably not up to the standards of the Japanese or a Jetta but better than a Chevy Cavalier from '02 and probably as good as the Neon from '02.

Great stereo, sunroof, interior room, fairly sporty, good interior, traction control.

Same thing with all Fords. Shouldn't have dummy lights because they are always going off. Your car drives fine but always a light on. My ABS control module is out; so my ABS, ETS and brake light are all on. These are things you don't put up with in the Asian cars but you pay more for them.