Used 2002 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

15 miles to the gallon?
By Marty Richie

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a dealer and bought my Focus the year they came out so I have no one to blame but me for buying it. First off it is very noisy and the belt squeaks every time i start it. The doors lock while the motor is running(Not good with kids in the car seats) and last but not least 200 miles to the tank! That is horrible considering it is rated in the 30's on highway. I am a sales manager at Honda now and everytime I look at it i just want to set it on fire and call my agent. buyer be ware.

Favorite Features

color

Suggested Improvements

all mechanicals. love the design.

2002 Focus SE
By Octoborn

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this vehicle and am pleased with its performance. It has an excellent sound system, and an appealing interior design.

Favorite Features

It handles well, is fun to drive, and the trunk space is surprisingly large. Fuel economy is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window visibility could be improved, and I prefer to lock my own doors without being second-quessed by my car.

Love this little car !
By Davoid

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

European overtones won us over. Bought lightly used with special rims, suspension, trim, CD. Great on gas. big trunk, good rear cabin space... Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

6-CD changer, Euro-cockpit layout, metallic paint, alloy wheels, big trunk, 4-dr access.

Suggested Improvements

Would look for upgrade in front seats.

A good unfinished product
By ChuckPep

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Focus SE-Sport sedan is a practical, spacious and enjoyable car. However, Ford did not "push the envelope" when delivering this car in 2000. The fit and finish are probably the biggest problem: materials are of ok quality but various parts are not well adjusted. The Ztec engine provides sufficient power for this class but it's too noisy and has low fuel efficiency considering it's only a 2.0 litre. Still, I enjoy my Focus very much and am looking forward to the next generation due to appear later this year.

Favorite Features

Overall handling VS comfort Dashboard is simple and efficient Lots of headroom front and rear big trunk Telescopic steering wheel Good sound system It's a good looking car!

Suggested Improvements

If Ford can make this car quieter, more fuel-efficient and increase the fit/finish quality, then they will have a sure winner.

Fun little car, with a kick
By silvermach2002

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my focus for about 8 months and I have to say that it is the best car I have ever owned. It may not be a $35,000 turbo all-wheel drive Audi or Subaru but for $10,000 it is a great car. Mine is the limited edition MACH audio, and the sound system is awesome! It has HID headlights and the interior is very comfortable, even for a 6'3" person. I have had very little go wrong in 20,000 miles with this car. The biggest thing was.....O ya, nothing!! It does need new tires, but I am hard on them and they do have 32,000 miles on them. So if you want a reliable, well built car that won’t cause you to file bankruptcy, the Focus if for you!

Favorite Features

Seat height adjuster, Radio, Telescoping Steering wheel, sunroof, reliable!

Suggested Improvements

Car is a little sluggish on the bottom end.