2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I LOVE MY FOCUS!
By Gotta get a Focus on 01/12/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Focus for a little over 1 month now; I love it. Fun to drive. Doesn't look it but it is quite roomy on the inside and it does rather well for me and my three year old daughter. We are quite pleased. Never thought I would own a Ford but I am so happy I bought this car.

SVT Focus
By Russell on 12/27/04 00:30 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

LOVE the car! My first Ford, and it surely wont be my last either!!

Don't even bother
By jbb3y on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the only car I know of that has probles that even the dealer has never heard occur. The car has a radio faceplate attach with electrical tape at the factory (still not replaced), horrible electical gremlins (like inoperable headlights), alignment issues, will roll downhill while in gear with the parking brake on and 1 or R engaged, trunk come open while moving, seats make even 150mi drives end in a bachache, strange buzzes abound, and the power door lock have failed to work on numerous occasions. Nothing has been fixed in the nearly 3 years I've had the car, and it has been to seven dealers. Last Dec it required 6 services to fix what the dealer had broken while fixing the alignment.

I Love My Focus!
By Gann284 on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I bought it used. I've had it a little over a year now. I previously owned a 88 Mustang LX, so as you can imagine, I've been in heaven! It handles great, it's roomy and the factory stereo is better than some store boughts i've heard. Just hit 33,000 and still going strong. I was just told the brakes may need changing already- a bit early with the mileage. It has great gas mileage, especially for a college student like myself who commutes everyday. I also like the sporty look with the alloy wheels.

3 Years & Counting @ 40k miles
By Chelly1&2 on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm back-Last review done 3/02. I've had this car now through heat and cold, hard and easy driving & I still love it! 5-speed manual with enough pep so long as the A/C is off. MPG varies dep. on how hard you'r driving it & if A/C is on. peppy, hugs the curves, comfortable long range hwy driver. not so great in bumper to bumper, but what stick is? Economical upkeep if you do as you're supposed to. Check out www.teamfocus.us for more info! FUN! FUN! FUN!

Hunk of Junk
By milleragain on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Focus for nearly three years. I have replaced the tires twice. I have had two brake jobs. The wheel bearings have been replaced on every wheel. CD player was replaced, steering rack and steering pump replaced. Now it sounds as though the frame is falling apart. I am so fed up with this car, I am going to trade it in. Oh yeah, resale value stinks!

average small car eats gas
By michigan commuter on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a very average car. Decent pep. Dependable transportation. Poor gas mileage (27 hwy)

What a lemon!
By Stuck With It on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have had over 12 warranty repairs. Particulary with the right wheel arm. It does not handle well on snow and almost killed me and my children. I have replaced 6 tires and have paid a huge amount of money in rental fees. Thanks alot FORD Not..

still kicking
By coltsmania on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

good car. I have had no problems and I am happy with it. I reccomend this car. but resale value is bad. but it is a ford.

FANTASTIC DRIVE
By DEL323 on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is 2nd only to my BMW 3 series for less than half the price. The handling is great, steering feedback is excellent and power is adequate. Its been very reliable so far.