Used 2002 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Commuter Car
By ming1

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a 2002 Maxima SE. I was suprised by how little I miss it. The Focus is a great commuter car that's fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, excellent handling

Suggested Improvements

Firestone tires are awful, Engine is a bit thrashy

Focus on style
By Thomeyboy

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome ride, was very critical, and was impressed. the smooth handling,a nd comfortable interior sold me on the vehicle. Not to mention the great economy!

THIS IS MY SECOND FOCUS
By dogboy2140

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Focus. I got the Sony Edition 4-door-sedan in 2000, and had such a great experience with it that when I decided that I wanted more room, I opted NOT to get an SUV. I LOVED my car but wanted more space, a sunroof (not an option in 2000), and the ability to listen to more than 1 CD. I know that there have been recalls on the Focus in the past, but my new one was NOT part of any of them so far. Now if they only made a convertible version.....

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is how easily the back seats fold flat, AND that it's split so YOU can decide just how much space you need

Suggested Improvements

BETTER FUEL MILAGE. I've never gotten what I was promised with the MPG. This 2002 is an automatic, and my first one was stick. The stick got GREAT MPG. Better acceleration would be appreciated

So far....love it
By TCT

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far love the car.....liquid gray ZX5 Premium with automatic.

Favorite Features

Steering and handling, lots of room for its size...good gas mileage, its cute....I had the spoiler added giving it a sporty edge to it....

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the annoying blinker tone, put some interior lights in the back seat area and the cargo hold. Cup holders won't hold my Big Gulp. I wish the travel odometer was smaller and the regular odometer was larger...is it me or do the headlights provide really poor distance vision?

I love my Focus!!
By Tammers35

2002 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Sentra, Civic, Rio, Echo, and Accent before the Focus. The Civic and Sentra were a slightly highter quality, but MUCH higher in price for the same options that ZX5 had standard. The others didn't even offer all the options I wanted (automatic power everything & cruise)at any price. I would have bought this car even without the year end clearance price. It's fun to drive, handles great, has just enough power, and is EASY to park!

Favorite Features

I love the sporty look of the Focus. It's easy to zip in and out of traffic, but this could get me in trouble! Every day as I parallel park on the lfet side of a busy downtown street I LOVE this car.

Suggested Improvements

The side mirrors are very small. The automatic engine could have a little more pep. If you are very tall, the lack of interior space could be a problem.