2002 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fabulous Quality!
By Katsb579 on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

fantastic! this car has been perfect and i couldn't have asked for anything better! the performance is absolutely wonderful!

Very pleased with my selection
By urlacher_fan on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a month and I love it. I like the style of my car. When you drive a focus you can feel great control of the road that you possess. My only after thought is that I should have looked at a hyundai elantra, for the price I paid I probably could've got a loaded elantra gt. My only problem with the elantra is that in my opinion it didn't look as nice as my Focus. Also I went from a 90 grand prix w/3.1 v6 to this focus and i've noticed the difference in power. However compared to the cavalier and the zx2 my zetec is much better. All in all the focus is fun to drive and comfortable in the inside.

My Focus is a lemmon
By Wayne Hill on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only 7000 miles on it and it's been in for repairs three weeks and counting. The engine shutdown and would not start. Towed in. Two weeks in shop. Three days later. Same thing. Towed in. Ford stopped paying for my car rental. Now I have no car to drive. Last Ford I will buy.

sexy
By PattiThePotato on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sexy car for a great price. I had many friends rudely tell me I made a wrong choice and that I should have bought a honda civic. Well, how can I? I bought it, so I must deal with it - so quick complaining! It's not your car!! Anyway! :) Besides the breaking, everything is fine. Generally, the car is noisy when stopping. Although the breaks do not squeak, I can hear from underneath my car each little push I make on the pedel.

Great Car
By firecrew1 on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Street edition in blue. I haven't had any problems and now have 17000 miles.

FOCUS ZTS!
By Ryanbrogz on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September and i have done nothing but fall in love with it, we got so many discounts on the car, the post sept 11 0% financing...the X plan, which gets the price a little under invoice, then a 400$ college grad coupon...we got the car that had a sticker of about 18 grand down to 15....i love the car, its quick, its nimble, its everything you would want for under 20 grand...i got a Wings West Thruster style spoiler on the back and it looks beautiful

In the shop with only 200 miles!
By slvrzts on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I like the car you get for the money. I have the ZTS with everything but leather. In the first week I had it in the shop to have the airbag computer replaced! The next week I was having trouble getting it into fourth gear. So in the shop again! Turns out it was the spring for shifting it into reverse had broken somehow and was blocking fourth gear. Anyone else having these problems? I like the car just not enthused about the defects already. Chose this over a civic coupe and am now having second thoughts.

Not Happy
By clarkdnr on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Initially it seems as though you get a lot for the money with the Ford Focus. Once you really spend time with the car, however you learn that you have been ripped off. Mine is in the shop for the 4th time in one year. Currently it is having a trunk latch repaired, there's been a recall on bearings and they have to completely rebuild my transmission. Everytime service has been a nightmare (rude, unknowledgeable, difficault to get a rental). Watch paint job on delivery. The interior, though well designed is made of low grade materials. I'm going back to Toyota!

suprised
By scrunden on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was impressed with the room the car had, the way it handles and rides. I thought i'd never own a small car again. I bought it on the advice of my brother who owns 3 for his business they all have at least 60,000 miles on them and are only 2 years old but he has had no problems with any of them. The only thing I wish for ishat the 130 hp engine was standard on all models.

Awesome bang for the buck sportscar
By M Rose on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was set on buying the wagon version of the Focus. On a whim, I test drive the car I bought, a ZTS sedan, and was instantly smitten with this car. The ride quality and handling was noticably better than the normal Focus sedans, and much better than the wagon. I drove away with it two hours later and it has been the perfect car. So far, there are 10,550ish miles on the clock, and there's not been one, single problem. It's still as fun to drive as the day it was bought--highly recommended.