2001 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Worst Car Ever

2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

2001 Ford Focus Sedan

Worst Car Ever
By Focus SE on

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Focus in 2002, and have had nothing but problems. I had to have three fuel pumps replaced, which Ford covered the first two for free, and then charged me for the third. The letter I received regarding the recall states they had not yet found a fuel pump that fits in this model, and 7 years later...they still haven't. I had to replace three windows due to faulty parts. The final straw was my timing belt and water pump went, which caused the engine to seize up. My Focus is dead at 147,000 miles and the best part is I had just taken it into the Ford dealership two weeks ago, due to it starting rough and stalling, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it!

The gas mileage was good until the fuel pump was replaced for the third time. I will never buy a Ford again.

Poor quality parts and horrible service. I have never owned a vehicle with so many poorly made parts. This car is not reliable, and Ford needs to stand behind their products, and make a fuel pump that will work in their 2001 Focus.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review