The factory didn't tighten WHAT??
By Postmortemcowboy on
2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my brand new 2002 ford focus on a thursday... by the following monday (only 200 miles later) i was experiencing a popping/grinding noise coming from the front right which appeared to be suspension related. So took it back to the dealer. Well it seems the factory forgot or just didn't tighten the sway arm links on the front passenger side, not only that i did find a rubber moulding that wasn't properly installed. The factory needs to employ people who don't forget to tighten up STEERING components. This could have been a fatal accident waiting to happen. Needless to say the dealership paid for the rental for a day and didn't charge me a dime to fix my car.
Favorite Features
The radio (6 disc in dash cd changer), the feel of gliding along almost effortlessly, the whole enchilada.
Suggested Improvements
well if not for the fact that a four day old car had problems, i would only have to say train the factory techs not to miss details, other than that i love my new car. But if this is the start of a chain of problems Ford isn't going to like me very well.