2001 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Squeaky brakes

2001 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

Squeaky brakes
By cyn_flo on

2001 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after driving a rental focus when I totalled my escort. Since the day I got the focus the brakes were an embarrassement. They squeaked so loud, it sounded like I needed a full and complete brake rehaul. Very embarrassing to drive when the car was only a year old. If I parked for 5-10 minutes, the brakes squeaked just as loud. Did not matter what the weather conditions were. They finally had to replace the brake lining, which improved the noise, but it was still there. Have had the car in for a few recalls in 2003. Did not have good luck with the ford escort either. Don't know if I want to go with a windstar or not?

Nice headroom, auto lock doors(I work at night) quiet when idiling, good pick and go power, good gas mileage on highway,seats all fold down for more space.

Need more trunk space. Unable to get a scotts speedy green in trunk. Redo the brakes system.