Worst Car Ever
By marigoldsb on
2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car in 2002. It had 10,000 miles on it. It now has 220,000. I've had nothing but problems. It was recalled several times. I had many problems with the fuel pump when I first got the car. I replaced the EGR valve sensor 4 or 5 times. The turn signal will not turn off by itself. I had this fixed once, but it broke again. The passenger side window has broken twice. The passenger side seat will not recline. The radio randomly turns off. I've replaced tires, rotors, brakes and shocks multiple times. The ignition recently just broke and had to be replaced. Sometimes the front doors will not open from the outside so I have to climb in through the back. Wheel bearing broke 4 times.
Favorite Features
Drives like a go cart. Good gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Parts that don't break.
By willard5
on 02/16/14 14:28 PM (PST)

220,000 miles??? How much do you expect from a $13,000.00 car? Man!!!

By willard5
on 03/23/14 17:13 PM (PDT)

You take it to the dealer, don't you? Don't do that.

By dierad53
on 04/25/14 04:23 AM (PDT)

You have had this car for 12 years. Do you expect nothing to need to be replaced. Do you drive it conservatively. This shows nothing about the car. It has over 20000 miles on it. Do you expect it to be perfect. Get real. I have the same car and I love it.

By cherronw
on 04/25/14 14:32 PM (PDT)

I bought my 2001 Focus SE in 2004 with about 55,000 on it and it was my first real car that wasn't a "hand me up." I paid $6500 for it, but was financed. It was supposed to be "Blue Oval Certified" from a Ford dealership but I was not told about a recall on the fuel injector and ended up getting stranded in OK on my way to Dallas 4 months after buying it. I also got stranded on the road in Dallas a month later because I needed a new battery already. To this day I could never get the check engine light to go off and I've had several problems and not much of it has original parts. However, I still love it and will ride it until the wheels fall off.